Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 21 - Waves (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-21-waves-t297371.html)

sewbizgirl 06-04-2018 06:18 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I love paisley! And how nice that you have a machine big enough to quilt a king size quilt now!

I thought you all might like to see a couple of great old quilts I spied at an estate sale this past weekend. Didn't buy, but I loved them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595511[/ATTACH]

This one was my favorite.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595512[/ATTACH]

It had some great old fabrics!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595513[/ATTACH]

Including these evil clowns!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595514[/ATTACH]

JayneW 06-04-2018 07:20 PM

Oh sewbiz, can you imagine what Boomers would come up with for those creepy clowns?!!

Libster 06-05-2018 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8070672)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595508[/ATTACH]

This is is my fabric it will be for our king size bed because I have a bolt of it. That means you will be seeing this fabric for several booms

Love this fabric, Terri! What are you asking to go with it?

terriamn 06-05-2018 04:09 AM

Hi Libster it’s great to see a picture of you. Now have a face to go with the name.

Still trying to figure out what to as to go with the fabric? Colors in the fabric, maybe some deep greens or browns.

looking for opinions

sewbizgirl 06-05-2018 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8070875)

Still trying to figure out what to as to go with the fabric? Colors in the fabric, maybe some deep greens or browns.

looking for opinions

I kind of like the darker pink as a contrast, since most of your print is light. Hard to say what a third color should be... maybe the cream background? What do you want to see on your bed?

Janice McC 06-05-2018 07:35 AM

Remember when I said any fabric can be used in a Boom swap? Correction: no clowns! lol I disliked them from early childhood but Stephen King's IT and Poltergeist sealed the deal for sure. They're all creepy, even the supposedly "cute" ones. Wonder why so many people feel as I do?

Originally Posted by JayneW (Post 8070752)
Oh sewbiz, can you imagine what Boomers would come up with for those creepy clowns?!!

terriamn 06-05-2018 08:12 AM

Sewbiz the color you are seeing as pink is really almost rust and I do like that color. Have auditioned lots of different fabrics with it but nothing really jumped out at me

sewbizgirl 06-05-2018 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8071023)
Remember when I said any fabric can be used in a Boom swap? Correction: no clowns! lol I disliked them from early childhood but Stephen King's IT and Poltergeist sealed the deal for sure. They're all creepy, even the supposedly "cute" ones. Wonder why so many people feel as I do?

Probably because you can't see their real face... it's distorted by the weird makeup. And they wear garrish clothes. Maybe the clown phobia is why you don't see them on fabric these days!

ibex94 06-05-2018 08:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I love clowns! A quick search for clown fabric only turned up this one. There's still clownfish fabric out there thanks to the kid movie..... But, be careful what you ask for.....

ibex94 06-05-2018 08:42 AM

I'm loving everyone's fabric choices! My imagination is having a great time right now.