Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-22-2-month-group-sooner-t302395.html)

Janice McC 01-26-2019 04:20 PM

Today I rec'd F8s from Macybaby. Thank you!

Previously received: Cheesehead, Joanelizbay, NZquilter, Queenbarbiej, Libster, Jaba, Mona G and SBG. That’s 9! :)

zozee 01-26-2019 04:53 PM

Mine are ready for the PO now. I'll mail on Monday.

sewbizgirl 01-26-2019 04:58 PM

Cathy, that cheesecake looks a-maz-ing!! Are those cranberries on the top? You really shouldn't torture us that way!

NZQuilter, any news on your hubby's exam results?

NZquilter 01-26-2019 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8200512)
NZQuilter, any news on your hubby's exam results?

Thank you for asking! We won't know the results for one to three weeks unfortunately. Hubby says he doesn't feel very confident about it, but I know he tried his absolute best and I'm proud of him. Even if he does have to resit it in a month or two, at least today was more experience and he will be better prepared for next time.

sewbizgirl 01-26-2019 06:46 PM

Yes, that’s true... but I’m praying he did better than he thinks!

Janice McC 01-27-2019 10:37 AM

Joanelizbay, what size do you make your mini-cheesecakes? That’s a great idea for portion control, although I could pop those in my mouth faster than cutting a slice and eating it. Either way, cheesecake isn’t safe around me.

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 8200456)
I make the mini cheesecakes with a small crust, cheese and usually strawberries on top..I ONLY make them at Christmas and take them to work or Id eat them all!! Found the little mini crusts at walmart!!

joanelizbay 01-27-2019 10:42 AM

I think the little crusts are 3" and come 6 to a package. Its really enough for 2 people unless you LOVE cheese cake :)
A friend of mine gets the mini alumimun cupcake holders puts a vanilla wafer in the bottom then the cheese cake filling with strawberrys or cheries...those are REALLY mini! I think my favorite is turtle carmel pecan, thats why I never make it!! Almost time...I usually take off early the day I get the notice that my package has been delivered!!

Kassaundra 01-27-2019 10:52 AM

I make a cheese cake like dessert to bring to get togethers that I have never brought one crumb home. I grease a flan pan and line the flat middle part w/ waxed paper. Put cherry pie filling in the flat raised part, and cover and fill the whole pan w/ brownie batter, then bake. When it is taken out of the pan the brownie forms a crust and the cherries are in the depression, I finish filling that depression w/ instant cheesecake. It ends up being a chocolate brownie, cherry cheesecake pie

Janice McC 01-27-2019 12:28 PM

The cookie in the bottom is genius! I put a few crushed ginger snaps in with crushed graham crackers when I make the crusts. I might try a ginger snap in the bottom instead of a vanilla wafer. Thanks for the ideas!

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 8200891)
I think the little crusts are 3" and come 6 to a package. Its really enough for 2 people unless you LOVE cheese cake :)
A friend of mine gets the mini alumimun cupcake holders puts a vanilla wafer in the bottom then the cheese cake filling with strawberrys or cheries...those are REALLY mini! I think my favorite is turtle carmel pecan, thats why I never make it!! Almost time...I usually take off early the day I get the notice that my package has been delivered!!

Macybaby 01-27-2019 01:57 PM

chocolate brownie cherry cheesecake - that sound yummy! I'm pretty good with rationing the cheesecake. I cut it in 8 pieces and DH and I each have one a day for four days.

I'm not a real big fan of any desert that does not have chocolate in it, while DH prefers the non-chocolate treats. I make a carrot cake I've been told is to die for (by many people) but it's not chocolate so doesn't rate more than a five on my scale!

I love baking, but had to cut way back when the weight started climbing. I tell people I switched to quilting as a main hobby because I don't end up eating my mistakes.