Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-22-2-month-group-sooner-t302395.html)

zozee 01-22-2019 05:33 PM

I'm not sure my name was intended to be highlighted. Since I'm new to the Booms and not sure I can do more than one block per member, I only want to commit to one (so, 13 total). I hope I didn't accidentally sign up to double up, did I?

Janice McC 01-22-2019 06:15 PM

Zozee, don’t give it a thought. Just send me 13. I’m away from my lists right now so I’m not sure how I goofed but it’s no problem!

Originally Posted by zozee (Post 8198104)
I'm not sure my name was intended to be highlighted. Since I'm new to the Booms and not sure I can do more than one block per member, I only want to commit to one (so, 13 total). I hope I didn't accidentally sign up to double up, did I?

terriamn 01-22-2019 06:39 PM

Hope to mail mine mine tomorrow before the frigid temps arrive.

zozee 01-22-2019 07:29 PM

Thanks, Janice. I thought I had screwed things up!

QUOTE=Jani McC;8198129]Zozee, don’t give it a thought. Just send me 13. I’m away from my lists right now so I’m not sure how I goofed but it’s no problem![/QUOTE]

Janice McC 01-23-2019 03:52 AM

Corrected rounding up list

Zozee, not at all! I put a check mark beside the wrong name. I always count on there being a goof or two. Years ago when I started doing this, I used to freak out anytime I made an error. Now I count on it happening. I'm a big girl now and can deal with my mistakes much better. LOL.

The list follows. Those highlighted should send me 19. Zozee and NanaKathy55 should send me 13.

Cheesehead*
Darcyshannon*
Hav4Boys*
Jaba*
Joanelizbay*
Libster*
Macybaby*
Mona G*

NanaKathy55
Queenbarbiej*
NZquilter*
Sewbizgirl*
Terriamn*
Zozee

*Will be “rounding up” to 19 F8s/Blocks
Zozee and NanaKathy55 - 13 F8s/Blocks

FYI, I've gotten emails from several people in both groups noting packages are on their way. Looks like they will start arriving tomorrow. Be sure to send me your tracking info right away. I have more packages coming in than i have emails so if you haven't advised me, please do. Thanks.

Have a good day, Boomers.

Originally Posted by zozee (Post 8198165)
Thanks, Janice. I thought I had screwed things up!

QUOTE=Jani McC;8198129]Zozee, don’t give it a thought. Just send me 13. I’m away from my lists right now so I’m not sure how I goofed but it’s no problem!

[/QUOTE]

Macybaby 01-23-2019 07:01 AM

My package should ship today - sent an email with the info last night.

I'm excited to be starting on this - it's so fun to pick out interesting blocks to try, knowing I only have to make one! And I get to play in my stash picking out colors for each block, and I can use FQ and smaller chunks because I don't need enough for a whole quilt. To me, this is total play time!

NZquilter 01-23-2019 07:30 AM

I agree, Macybaby! I've been looking through all the block patterns from the links shared earlier. I love sampler quilts.

We had a pretty bad ice storm last night. It took my husband over three hours to get home, but I'm just so glad he was able to get home!

Cheesehead 01-23-2019 08:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my fabric for the sooner group. Dark brown and rusty red in solid or tonal with a cream or COC background.[ATTACH=CONFIG]607259[/ATTACH]

zozee 01-23-2019 09:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sooners: My Cupcake Fabric

[ATTACH=CONFIG]607260[/ATTACH]

Here's the fun fabric I've chosen from my stash. The quilt we make with it will either be a donation into Baltimore's foster care system (a friend of mine is a social worker) or it'll be a tummy time quilt for when my grandtwins come to play:). I'll decide that later.

I'm asking that Sooner Boomers use any color you see in the cupcake fabric except black or white.

I have plenty of this fabric, so if you mess up, don't be afraid to ask me to send you another Fat 8th.

Janice McC 01-23-2019 09:49 AM

Zozee, the cupcakes are very cheery! That’ll be fun to work with. And Cheese, I love the colors! I think they’ll make stunning blocks.