Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-22-2-month-group-sooner-t302395.html)

Mona G 02-23-2019 01:12 PM

Cheesehead, enjoy Alabama, hopefully the snow will be gone by the time you come back up North. Spring can't come soon enough.

Mona G 02-23-2019 02:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I only got one done today, it is for Cheesehead. This is another Star in the Solstice Stars Series, the tutorial was very easy to follow, she did as a scrappy star which was really cute, I might do a scrappy quilt with this pattern.

Cheesehead I hope this isn't too dark for you.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609111[/ATTACH]

terriamn 02-23-2019 03:11 PM

Mona we have set the record here in Minnesota for snowiest Feb. The storm last night dropped 6 “ more all around us but thankfully we barely had an inch. Tonight they are saying another 6 to 10”

Macybaby love your blocks for Darcy Shannon

Mona very pretty Star for Cheesehead

Cheesehead 02-23-2019 04:30 PM

Thank you Mona, your Solstice Star block is beautiful!

Macybaby 02-23-2019 05:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have one more done - I'm going between the embroidery machine and the straight stitch machine today. One block done for my crazy quilt and one more done for the Sooner group!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609117[/ATTACH]

zozee 02-23-2019 06:13 PM

Loving these blocks you ladies have added! Keep 'em coming. I'll be posting one or two this evening myself.

Darcyshannon 02-23-2019 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Macy Baby for the blocks. I know that pictures don’t always show up as well as actual block. I love dogs and I am sure it super cute. My focus is really just to have nice quilts for older boys. They tend to get lost in thought with all the girly quilts or generic scrappy. Since I don’t know the boys personally, I am enjoying all the different blocks that may reflect their interests and things they enjoy. Thank you for using several different fabrics. I think it will help in bringing the blocks together in a quilt.

BTW, I am on a posy roll. So Macybaby, this is yours. I am making other block designs but I really like this one.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609119[/ATTACH]

Darcyshannon 02-23-2019 08:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609121[/ATTACH]

I am hoping it will post a bit bigger. Again, for Libster. I keep seeing a Mad Scientist lab spill (beakers on a counter broke) in this mottled green, purple, black and whie print fabric. I know. Totally off base. LOL. It is interesting to see the fabric worked up in blocks. I always love greens.

Darcyshannon 02-23-2019 08:59 PM

Not sure for picture size discrepancy, I can retake Libster’s block photo if needed.

Darcyshannon 02-23-2019 09:00 PM

SBG congratulations on your granddaughter. great photo. I enjoy hearing about your grandchildren. I don’t have kids and although I love young children, I will not have them as part of my family. My tiny taste was having my friend over with her son and grandkids around Christmas and we decorated cookies.