Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-22-2-month-group-sooner-t302395.html)

Cheesehead 02-24-2019 04:56 PM

I agree with Kass, at first I thought they were little dolls! Such beautiful babies!

JayneW 02-24-2019 05:00 PM

Oh my goodness, I am just numb about the news of Joanelizbay. I willl cherish the block I have from her from previous booms. Thank you for sharing the news Janet.

zozee 02-24-2019 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 8215760)
Oh they are adorable!!! I've been hoping you would share a picture of them .:D All these baby pictures is making me "baby sick". It must be the pregnancy hormones, lol!

NZ, when are you due?

NZquilter 02-24-2019 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by zozee (Post 8215843)
NZ, when are you due?

Around the 25th of June. Still a bit to go, but I'm getting excited. :)

Kassaundra 02-24-2019 05:28 PM

Well you should seriously consider the 20th of June, lots of great things happened then!!!! lol lol lol

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 8215852)
Around the 25th of June. Still a bit to go, but I'm getting excited. :)

Libster 02-24-2019 05:43 PM

Oh, and here I was going to suggest the nineteenth of June! LOL

terriamn 02-24-2019 05:54 PM

Macybaby love my block thank you

sewbizgirl 02-24-2019 07:00 PM

Oh my gosh... just can't believe our JoanLiz has died! Did she say she hadn't been well... I can't remember? One of us... gone. I just am so shocked and so sad. Will miss my friend very much. Thank you Janice for bringing the news. I too was wondering why we hadn't heard from her in so long.

As for her blocks, just a suggestion, but maybe a donation quilt again? Maybe we could donate it (or two lap quilts) to the Caring Center where she worked, for someone who maybe doesn't have a lot of family interaction and would love a memory of Joan. Just an idea, but I'd be willing to help make that happen again.

Ladies, the blocks posted today are so lovely. Good work!

Macybaby 02-25-2019 04:09 AM

I had not made the two blocks for Joan yet, but would have no problem making them and love the idea of a donation quilt in her memory, but it is quite a commitment in time and expense for someone to volunteer to put the blocks together.

Since this is my first swap I didn't get a chance to get to know Joan, yet it's still a shock and makes one stop and think for a bit.

Janice McC 02-25-2019 04:11 AM

Jeb

This morning I awoke very early with Joanelizbay on my mind so I got up and finished updating the gallery. Look at all the beautiful blocks for her. :) At this point, I'm going to reach out to her family in the next couple of days and ask them what they'd like to do with the blocks being made for her. If I recall, she intended them for someone, but I'll have to go back through her posts and her emails and confirm that. I have no reason to expect anyone will respond in what can only be a tremendously difficult time for them, but if they do, we can go from there. I'll let you know. But, please understand, I will absolutely not ask them to return the package of our F8s. If they find it (it would have arrived 2 weeks after her death) and offer, ok. Otherwise, I consider them forfeit. Also, should anyone wish to send a condolence card to the family at Joan's home address, email me and I'll send you the address. I know many of you already have it. Thanks.