Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 22 Sign-ups open through January 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-22-sign-ups-open-through-january-18-a-t301989.html)

Queenbarbiej 01-08-2019 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So far here are some of the fabrics I have chosen. I'm going to add one more color, Purple. I also found sale on perfume and dye free detergent to wash my fabrics in for $1.99 on a 50 ounce bottle.

joanelizbay 01-08-2019 11:44 AM

Klaws I have that same fabric and have used it a LOT as a 2nd fabric. It really works well with other colors!!

I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to make a veterans quilt for a Vietnam vet who was with my cousin when he was killed in Nam. I have 4 different army green/black type fabric with soldiers on it or USA or dog tags or sayings but Im trying to figure out how to tie them all together without it being too dark. I have some beigh fabric that is quilt of valor that I can use but I also have white with the lst Calvary emblem on it that I would like to use... UGH...decisions decisions… Maybe a carpenters star with black/gold for the lst cav then the symbol around it... I want it to be special..... Anyhow...Im loving everyones fabric...love bright colors!!

Queenbarbiej 01-08-2019 11:58 AM

Joanelizbay I have a fat quarter of a tan Camoflauge print I think that helps. Let me know I will mail to you.

joanelizbay 01-08-2019 12:54 PM

Thanks Queen.. I have some tan camoflauge print already that I might use. It just seems the entire thing will be kind of dark but Ill figure it out! LOL...I wish I could find some panels like the ones in my abatar but those are more for desert storm veterans. Id love to find the 3 man statue or The Wall panel but Ive looked and looked and haven't seen anything yet. Ill keep trying! :) Thanks again.

sewbizgirl 01-08-2019 01:02 PM

Good luck, Joan. I know you will figure out some nice way to make that quilt.

Pretty fabrics, QB. That was very thoughtful of you to buy non-perfumed detergent for us.

Queenbarbiej 01-08-2019 01:13 PM

military fabric

Joanelizbay would something like this work https://www.etsy.com/search?q=milita...=military%20fa Look about three rows down on the right hand-side to see if this is what you are looking for.

TheMerkleFamily 01-08-2019 03:46 PM

Klaws & QBJ - Your fabrics are lovely and I sure am excited to play! I also went through the gallery of quilts from previous Booms and there are so many beautiful finishes. I'm swirling with block ideas and future fabric combinations already - is it possible to be addicted already? :cool:

Kassaundra 01-08-2019 04:10 PM

So .................................................. .................................................. ....................... not quite "50 shades of grey" lol lol lol

Originally Posted by klaws (Post 8189012)
Welcome to all the newcomers. This will be my third boom. It definitely is addicting!
I still have to work on my Santa blocks for the last boom. Maybe I'll have it finished for next Christmas. :p
I love all the fabric that has been shown so far and can't wait to see what everyone does with it.
Here is what I picked out for this boom. Even though I like bright colors, I really love this fabric I picked out. It is shades of gray. The colors are a little darker than shown in the picture. I will be sending a small piece of the bottom part of the picture to be used with the main fabric. I will ask that WOW also be used. I plan on using black sashing. I think it will turn out fabulous.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]606389[/ATTACH]

Kassaundra 01-08-2019 04:12 PM

I love that floral on the rt, I bought the whole bolt several years ago, used it in 2 or 3 Bonnie Hunter mysteries and still have a little left.

Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej (Post 8189070)
So far here are some of the fabrics I have chosen. I'm going to add one more color, Purple. I also found sale on perfume and dye free detergent to wash my fabrics in for $1.99 on a 50 ounce bottle.

JayneW 01-08-2019 04:38 PM

Klaws, I love the grey. That is going to be fun!