Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 22 Sign-ups open through January 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-22-sign-ups-open-through-january-18-a-t301989.html)

terriamn 01-03-2019 04:42 PM

No quilt shops for me till at least half of my stash has been used.

Libster 01-03-2019 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8186422)
Nope, TG, I lost. I was sure it would be Libster. Kassaundra posted here first but Klaws was the first to send me her info. So much for being sure! Lol. Glad you’re with us again TG.

Cheese, I often feel that way. I want to love the fabric I buy. If I love it, I don’t mind spending the money on it either but to pay those prices and feel only so-so? Nope. I’d have buyer’s remorse.

Yay, Jaba’s back! And on the ball as usual.

Another long timer Boomer is in. Yay, Libster!

I was in my sewing room, cutting and ironing F8s this morning. I checked really early to see if you had posted yet, nothing there, so I started ironing. I sent my email as soon as I turned my computer back on and saw your post.
So glad to see so many familiar names signing up, 'specially Jaba! I, for one, really missed you last Boom. Glad you're back, feeling better. I am so ready for the fun and chatter to commence!

JayneW 01-03-2019 04:53 PM

YAY! I'm in for the 3 month group! My email is on the way!

joanelizbay 01-03-2019 06:44 PM

Im in for 2 month and 3 if it doesnt fill up

sewbizgirl 01-03-2019 06:52 PM

I still have blocks from our last swap to make up. Hope to catch up before new blocks start coming in.

Sunday is my DIL’s baby shower. I leave tomorrow so all day today I sewed frantically getting all the swaddle cloths hemmed and burp cloths made. They are now in the dryer... nearly done. Hope she likes them.

AnnieQuilts 01-03-2019 07:50 PM

I'm in for the 3 month group!

Janice McC 01-04-2019 05:39 AM

Update...There are 14 signed up for the 3 month group and 6 for the 2 month group. Not bad for less than 24 hours.

Stash shopping is so convenient! :)

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8186437)
No quilt shops for me till at least half of my stash has been used.

Janice McC 01-04-2019 06:06 AM

Reminders for everyone...

F8s (fat eighths) must be pre-washed and then cut to a minimum of 10x18 (but a little extra would always be welcome). Please avoid the use of heavy scented detergents and starches as we have a couple of people who are sensitive to aromas.

In most instances, the remnants of the fabrics you receive are yours to keep once you've made blocks for your fellow members. If you are very short on fabric and absolutely must have the remnants back, please put that on your note with any color requests you may have. Too much returned fabric can contribute to an overstuffed package.

Everyone should send one f8 per person in their group however you may also send along a second small piece if you wish it to be used as an accent. Please, do not send two full f8s as our packages will quickly be overfilled and special, more costly shipping, may need to be arranged.

Shipping...You may ship to me in whatever method and package you wish but I will ship to you by USPS only. All F8s will need to be here on time. When I send you your F8s, the price will be $8.00 per USPS padded priority envelope. This is $.75 more than the last round. I know it's quite an increase but all together, the additional for all four shippings is about the price of a nice cup of coffee at one of the coffee shops. (It helped me to think of it in those terms.)

Anyone with any questions, please don't hesitate to post them here or email me. There are no silly questions! Thanks.

hav4boys 01-04-2019 09:48 AM

I am heading out to Hawaii tomorrow and plan to visit a quilt shop there and buy my fabric for the swap.

Looking forward to making blocks.

marcialee 01-04-2019 10:14 AM

I am in. Sending info now