Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 22 Sign-ups open through January 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-22-sign-ups-open-through-january-18-a-t301989.html)

Mona G 01-19-2019 10:40 AM

All my bags are ready!!!!!

terriamn 01-19-2019 11:20 AM

Mine are ready also

Marcialee wish you were closer also my friend would have appreciated that. She took the news well. Told her when life settles down I would be glad to help her. In the mean time her aunt can use the quilt without he binding. She thinks I will complete the binding for her but decided I will machine stitch down the binding on the front and teach her how to handstich the back.

Just a dusting of snow in my part of Minnesota.

Libster 01-19-2019 11:40 AM

My F8s are sitting here all sealed up in their bubble envelope, addressed and just patiently waiting for the post office to open Monday morning. Hey, I'm ready!

Janice McC 01-19-2019 11:45 AM

Anybody interested in the group names???

After much consideration (2 minutes) it cannot get much simpler than this...Sooner and Later. I almost used Peaches and Cream but it would have given an unfair nod to me being from the Peach State. That and I'd always be thinking of food when ever I wrote the names. Coke and Pepsi won't work as I swore off soda years ago but also a nod to GA, Coke is headquartered in Atlanta. Then there was Greyhound and Bulldog which I also liked but the bulldog is the University of GA's mascot and I'm a tried and true FSU Seminole fan, even when they aren't any good which is a lot recently. Then there were the months, the birds and various other ones I liked but I opted for simple. And no, Sooner is not for the University of Oklahoma but any of you can pretend it is. 2 month is Sooner. 3 month is Later. There you go. Easy peasy.

Wait...Easy and Peasy? :) Better not.

NZquilter 01-19-2019 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8195946)
Anybody interested in the group names???

After much consideration (2 minutes) it cannot get much simpler than this...Sooner and Later. I almost used Peaches and Cream but it would have given an unfair nod to me being from the Peach State. That and I'd always be thinking of food when ever I wrote the names. Coke and Pepsi won't work as I swore off soda years ago but also a nod to GA, Coke is headquartered in Atlanta. Then there was Greyhound and Bulldog which I also liked but the bulldog is the University of GA's mascot and I'm a tried and true FSU Seminole fan, even when they aren't any good which is a lot recently. Then there were the months, the birds and various other ones I liked but I opted for simple. And no, Sooner is not for the University of Oklahoma but any of you can pretend it is. 2 month is Sooner. 3 month is Later. There you go. Easy peasy.

Wait...Easy and Peasy? :) Better not.

Haha! Too funny! It took me almost two minutes to read it, glad I didn't need to do all that reasoning!

Macybaby 01-19-2019 01:11 PM

I'm Ok being a Sooner!

I keep hoping I'll get to GA during peach season, but so far it's not worked out. Both my DS and DD live around the Atlanta area. Son took a job and moved, then bought a house that is about 40 miles from UGA. DD switched from Nevada State to UGA and moved in with her brother for several years. She's now engaged and still in GA.

JayneW 01-19-2019 04:04 PM

Love the names! I'm not a Sooner fan, so I'm happy I'm going to be a "later"! We will definately not mix up the names this time!

I never did post pics of my fabric, so I will when the individual threads are posted. No snow in Wyoming, it has been so dry we sure need some. Fingers crossed that the sky will be clear tomorrow night to see the super,blood, moon eclipse or whatever it is!

sewbizgirl 01-19-2019 05:14 PM

Great names. Not mix-up-able, for sure!

Seems like everywhere that the huge snowstorms were predicted, they didn't happen... or to a much lesser extent. I'm sure no one is upset about that! We got tons of wind and rain... and flooding. It's supposed to come back in and rain mid-week. We're pretty soggy here.

AnnieQuilts 01-19-2019 05:47 PM

In this part of Michigan we've had hardly any snow. Usually about .5 inch in the morning that melts by afternoon. Today we had 2 -3".

Fabric is washed, need to get busy cutting.

Love the names! This time I might be able to remember which is which!

PamelaOry 01-19-2019 06:17 PM

Sounds like the names are winners!

really wet and soggy here. Blah.