Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-23-early-birds-2-month-group-t305868.html)

terriamn 08-08-2019 04:52 AM

Moonrise so glad Dh’s finger is healing so well.

Absolutely beautiful day here. Sitting in porch sipping on my coffee. Will head back to lake after rush hour, hope it’s as nice there

GramE 08-08-2019 07:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615816[/ATTACH]
Here’s a finish from the Dune Boom, I think. I already made a pink one from this swap and I have to make a few more blocks to finish the third one which will probably be a combo of the pink and blue. They are smaller 48” X 48”, it is difficult for me to wrangle anything much bigger. Tying up as many loose ends as I can but I have loose ends to my left and to my right. I seem to specialize in beginnings! I wasn’t sure where to put this Janice.

Janice McC 08-08-2019 08:31 AM

I just love that soft blue and white. Beautiful finish! I'll add it to the Completed Projects gallery. :) Thank you, GramE.

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 8286531)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615816[/ATTACH]
Here’s a finish from the Dune Boom, I think. I already made a pink one from this swap and I have to make a few more blocks to finish the third one which will probably be a combo of the pink and blue. They are smaller 48” X 48”, it is difficult for me to wrangle anything much bigger. Tying up as many loose ends as I can but I have loose ends to my left and to my right. I seem to specialize in beginnings! I wasn’t sure where to put this Janice.

Looks like the gallery problems have resolved themselves so I'm going to give it a try again. Fingers crossed!

sewbizgirl 08-08-2019 09:33 AM

Pretty quilt, GramE. I see my 'basket'! It was a beautiful fabric to work with.

GramE 08-08-2019 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8286590)
Pretty quilt, GramE. I see my 'basket'! It was a beautiful fabric to work with.

It is nice to work with. It was a part of Joann’s premium quilting line, one of the first offerings. And it sold out fast in my store. I ran out and actually got some in Louisville via my DIL when she was visiting her sister.

terriamn 08-08-2019 01:30 PM

Very pretty Gram E, who is this one for.

i am making the Main Street blocks BOM with Pat Sloan. Only using fabric from my stash. Can’t say it will be mt favorite quilt but we are on just finished block 9 and I am current. Happy with that

Macybaby 08-08-2019 01:41 PM

I've been looking over the fabrics and requests. I'm going to need to pull out my fat quarters to see if I have a match for a few of them. At least I have plenty of white and wow fabric.

hav4boys 08-08-2019 02:38 PM

Teriamn, I am doing that one too. It is definitely not my favorite and I did it with my stash too.

GramE 08-08-2019 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8286706)
Very pretty Gram E, who is this one for.

i am making the Main Street blocks BOM with Pat Sloan. Only using fabric from my stash. Can’t say it will be mt favorite quilt but we are on just finished block 9 and I am current. Happy with that

You are right about that! Only word that beats current is done or finished.

well, I’m having an unexpected lunch with 2 of my sisters, so I think I will give it to the one who just moved. I might not see her again for a while and she turned 77 in May. I may keep this boom quilt for myself. I’m liking the blue I chose. And it has a soft light fleece backing that I think she will like.

Libster 08-08-2019 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 8286763)
You are right about that! Only word that beats current is done or finished.

well, I’m having an unexpected lunch with 2 of my sisters, so I think I will give it to the one who just moved. I might not see her again for a while and she turned 77 in May. I may keep this boom quilt for myself. I’m liking the blue I chose. And it has a soft light fleece backing that I think she will like.

You know how to make a sister happy. Enjoy your lunch!