Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-23-night-owls-3-month-group-t305869.html)

sewbizgirl 08-15-2019 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Smglover207 (Post 8289608)

All of the blocks are beautiful! I am still waiting for my package. My tracking number had it delivered on the 10th, but I had a forwarding order. The sorting in Mass. missed it, Maine missed it, then my carrier. Called the post office, he said he would have the carrier retrieve it. She did not get that memo either. She sent it to be forwarded, so it went back to Mass. They said 5 more days! In the meantime I have been searching for blocks to make.

So sorry you are having to wait longer for your package, Smglover. At least you still have plenty of time, once it comes.

Originally Posted by hav4boys (Post 8289613)
Here are my two tonight.

SBG-Hope this is the kind of contrast you desired.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616084[/ATTACH]

Yes, thank you! That's a great contrast to the white. I hope your husband is not too miserable after his oral surgery. My hubby had some done recently, and he was a bear for about a week!

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8289614)
I made my uncle a quilt sent it from OK to RI, the tracking number said it was delivered but my uncle never got it, he lives in a multi home house and asked others if they had got it by mistake or took it in if he wasn't home when it was delivered, no one had (most of them are related to him and he has a good relationship w/ them all) So he went to the post office a few times inquiring they were suppose to be trying to find it. A week or so after his last visit to the post office w/o any success there was a knock at his door, it was the post office lady w/ a box. It seems she was the official "box crusher" and she had gone on vacation, well after the box had been scanned by the mail person it had fallen into the empty boxes to be crushed, and while this lady was on vacation no one stepped up to do her job so she had this mountain of boxes to crush when she got back, when she got to the bottom and was about to throw my quilt box into the crusher she thought it felt too heavy, so checked it out and saw how late the box was (by this time like 2 months past when the PO said it had been delivered) so on her lunch break she brought it to my uncle who was thrilled beyond belief. It had been a surprise but since he was trying to track it down I had told him what was in the box and he opened it while the lady was there so she could see what she had saved.

Oh no, that beautiful quilt you made for your uncle got lost? That must have been so nerve wracking for you. Glad it was found and specially delivered!

QueenBarbieJ, beautiful, colorful block for Suzisews...

I get to work on blocks today, so should have something to show later today....

sewbizgirl 08-15-2019 02:32 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are a few blocks I managed to get done.

For Jaba... these stripes nearly stumped me! I looked at so many patterns before finding this one. "Anvil".
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616113[/ATTACH]

Here's a purple dragonfly on PamO's pretty fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616114[/ATTACH]

Here is Terri's pastel block, "Double Links".
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616115[/ATTACH]

And here is a Florida/beachy (I hope!) Jack in the Box for Juliasb
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616116[/ATTACH]

Hope you ladies like these....

marija 08-15-2019 03:25 PM

I like my blockcheesehead. Great color picks, Thanks.

The other blocks you made were great too!

PamelaOry 08-15-2019 03:36 PM

Wow Sewbiz, love my dragonfly block! Thank you!!

jaba 08-15-2019 04:15 PM

Looks great sewbiz, thank you. I've had that fabric for awhile and an idea just never popped in my head. I needed help so it kept saying Boom, Boom! :)
I started working on the 2 month group so will get their's done first and then start on these.

Libster 08-15-2019 04:26 PM

Hi, Everybody! I'm working on the blocks for the Early Birds first. Only three more to go, then I get to start on these. I love all these pretty blocks being made. Kass, I'm not even going to guess this time on your tease. Sewbiz, that one for Terri just jumps off the screen. Perfect colors. You did great with the stripes too. And then there's that gorgeous dragonfly.
Queenbarbiej, I love what you did for Suzisews.

terriamn 08-15-2019 05:29 PM

Sewbiz I love all your blocks but love love mine. Perfect colors. I am very impressed.

Lstew2212 08-16-2019 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8289601)
I seem to recall for the Florida/Beachy blocks she asked for peach to go with the blue??? Can't find that post and there's no mention of it with the fabric.

Kass your sneak peek has me totally stumped.

Well, I didn't get to sew any blocks today, but maybe you'd like to see what I did sew? These are outfits for my two baby granddaughters. These little blouses button up the back, the old fashioned way.

Farm blouse and bloomers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616081[/ATTACH]

Floral blouse and bloomers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616082[/ATTACH]

Mad Hatter's Tea Party blouse with 2 sets of bloomers (sorry the light was dim)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616083[/ATTACH]

Those out fits are adorable. Too cute.

Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej (Post 8289646)
This is for Suzisews

These blocks are just great.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8289906)
Here are a few blocks I managed to get done.

For Jaba... these stripes nearly stumped me! I looked at so many patterns before finding this one. "Anvil".
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616113[/ATTACH]

Here's a purple dragonfly on PamO's pretty fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616114[/ATTACH]

Here is Terri's pastel block, "Double Links".
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616115[/ATTACH]

And here is a Florida/beachy (I hope!) Jack in the Box for Juliasb
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616116[/ATTACH]

Hope you ladies like these....

I am loving all the blocks so far. Great color pairing.

SuziSew 08-16-2019 05:01 AM

Great blocks Sewbiz! I'll cross the Anvil block off my list for Jaba as it was one of several I was considering.

The nice thing about being a little further behind is getting so many great ideas and avoid potential duplication's :o

bibliostone 08-16-2019 06:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hello all, I haven't started on my blocks yet, but before I got my package, I did sew two for myself. Also, I started a medallion quilt with a stamp panel.

My tan did not work on this block. It is too busy and just blends into the block:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616142[/ATTACH]

This one with cream fabric came out better:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616143[/ATTACH]

Finally, here is the start of the medallion quilt that is now on hold until I get my boom blocks done:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616144[/ATTACH]