Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-23-sign-ups-now-open-thru-july-17-a-t305524.html)

juliasb 07-03-2019 06:02 AM

Fabric Choices . Boom 23

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, I am reading closely what everyone so far is doing here. I have chosen 3 different fabrics. I was thinking of making a "florida beach" feeling quilt. I chose 3 very different fabrics to send out. I figured the darker fabrics would make nice accents while the lighter fabric says the beginning. I look forward to seeing how others fill in the blanks. Happy quilting. Here is a pic of the fabrics I chose:

juliasb 07-03-2019 06:05 AM

This is not my first swap but it is good to be with another newbie to this swap. We will learn the ropes together. Happy quilting.

Kassaundra 07-03-2019 06:06 AM

Florida beach, I may need to look up pattern I made a few booms back (or more likely redraw it out)

Originally Posted by juliasb (Post 8272789)
Okay, I am reading closely what everyone so far is doing here. I have chosen 3 different fabrics. I was thinking of making a "florida beach" feeling quilt. I chose 3 very different fabrics to send out. I figured the darker fabrics would make nice accents while the lighter fabric says the beginning. I look forward to seeing how others fill in the blanks. Happy quilting. Here is a pic of the fabrics I chose:

SuziSew 07-03-2019 09:24 AM

I just sent an e-mail to sign up for the 3 month set! I've done other swaps but I'm a newbie to this one. I'm looking forward to it since I've gone through the photos of previous swaps and they all look fantastic. The hard part will be deciding on what fabric(s) to choose. :o

AnnieQuilts 07-03-2019 09:40 AM

I was really looking forward to Boom 23, but currently have way too many WIP's and a ton of UFO's. I'll be lurking.

Libster 07-03-2019 12:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cricket looks totally content with her baby. If it's as hot there as it is here, she won't need her clothes for a while! Scorching here.
These are my two fabrics for this Boom.

terriamn 07-03-2019 01:28 PM

Oh boy even more new boomers, welcome again.

Love all the fabrics. Julia, I already have my fabrics for the next boom and I have gone with a Caribbean beach theme of coral and turquoise.

Kass glad Cricket is doing well, when you have babies do you just have to wait and see if they have feathers or not

Ha ha on everyone’s UFO’s and not joining this swap. I should be more like you, have 90% of my boom blocks sitting in a box just waiting for their day to be worked on. Not much extra sewing time in the summer since I spend the majority of my time in our destination trailer at the lake. Use to sew non stop in the winter but now having to much fun running around the country visiting my kids and hope to spend 3+weeks with my sister in sunny Texas this weather.

Kassaundra 07-03-2019 01:49 PM

Welcome to the boom swap.

Originally Posted by SuziSew (Post 8272883)
I just sent an e-mail to sign up for the 3 month set! I've done other swaps but I'm a newbie to this one. I'm looking forward to it since I've gone through the photos of previous swaps and they all look fantastic. The hard part will be deciding on what fabric(s) to choose. :o

Kassaundra 07-03-2019 01:51 PM

Pretty what are you thinking for the fabrics we will add? That blue one looks like the inside of a fancy book.

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 8272934)
Cricket looks totally content with her baby. If it's as hot there as it is here, she won't need her clothes for a while! Scorching here.
These are my two fabrics for this Boom.

Kassaundra 07-03-2019 01:53 PM

lol I was thinking the same thing, if I only played in booms when my previous blocks / projects / ufo's were finished I'd never get to play! I have made 3 or 4 quilts from previous boom blocks and have one that is almost finished.

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8272951)
Oh boy even more new boomers, welcome again.

Love all the fabrics. Julia, I already have my fabrics for the next boom and I have gone with a Caribbean beach theme of coral and turquoise.

Kass glad Cricket is doing well, when you have babies do you just have to wait and see if they have feathers or not

Ha ha on everyone’s UFO’s and not joining this swap. I should be more like you, have 90% of my boom blocks sitting in a box just waiting for their day to be worked on. Not much extra sewing time in the summer since I spend the majority of my time in our destination trailer at the lake. Use to sew non stop in the winter but now having to much fun running around the country visiting my kids and hope to spend 3+weeks with my sister in sunny Texas this weather.