Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-25-flurries-3-month-group-t312388.html)

Janice McC 03-23-2021 03:07 PM

I知 here, I知 here! Sorry to have been so out of touch. We had a number of important things pop up very recently including a potential medical issue that eventually turned out to be nothing. Lots of things were set aside, the Boom included. I have some conflicts through April but I can probably pull it together for early May if nothing else happens. I値l do better about keeping in touch.

Hope everyone is well and happy!

sewbizgirl 03-23-2021 08:36 PM

Yay, that would be great!

Glad everything turned out alright, medically.

klaws 03-24-2021 05:04 AM

Yippee! Looking forward to it!

Janice McC 04-04-2021 12:02 PM

Hi everyone! Later this week I will post here my anticipated dates of the next swap. By Friday. Later!

juliasb 04-04-2021 02:44 PM

Just happy to know you are alright. That is the most important thing of all. Looking forward to May and a new Boom when the time is right. Take care and I hope you had a great Easter. He is Risen!

ibex94 04-04-2021 05:50 PM

Happy Easter!

Janice McC 04-05-2021 07:46 AM

To those of you who want them, have you been able to get your Covid vaccine(s)? I was lucky enough to get one of the first appointments when my age group opened up and I get my second a week from today. In a couple of weeks we値l be off to see the grand, first time for me since November. DS and DDIL have both had theirs as well as DH. Woo hoo!

juliasb 04-05-2021 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8473530)
To those of you who want them, have you been able to get your Covid vaccine(s)? I was lucky enough to get one of the first appointments when my age group opened up and I get my second a week from today. In a couple of weeks we値l be off to see the grand, first time for me since November. DS and DDIL have both had theirs as well as DH. Woo hoo!

I received my second vaccine about a week and a half ago so In a few days I will be off to visit the grands and I can hardly wait. Equally as important I will be able to do my own grocery shopping. For the last year I have been doing pick ups at Walmart. Now this is great for the most part but I have not been in a grocery store in over a year. Same with a fabric store. I haven't been most anywhere. I am sure there are so many others who are waiting like I am, All we can do is wait it out and not jump the gun. I am glad you got your first shot.

terriamn 04-06-2021 04:55 AM

My sister and I stood in line for several hours during the cold spell Texas had to get our first shot. Second shot we stood in line for 3.5 hours but it was nice out. No social distancing just herded together like a bunch of cows. For hubby we had to drive almost 3 hours north to Corpus Christie where he said everything was organized and moved right along. Took less then an hour for him both times.

IrishMom 04-06-2021 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8473725)
My sister and I stood in line for several hours during the cold spell Texas had to get our first shot. Second shot we stood in line for 3.5 hours but it was nice out. No social distancing just herded together like a bunch of cows. For hubby we had to drive almost 3 hours north to Corpus Christie where he said everything was organized and moved right along. Took less then an hour for him both times.

I'm glad you got your shot! So odd how different the experiences are in getting the shot. My husband gets his second shot tomorrow at a drug store. (very anti-climatic!) He said when he had the first shot he saw no one else getting the shot - they put you into a small privacy cubicle and you sit there for a bit after the shot. I went to a Mass vaccination site at our local community college for my shot two weeks ago - very surreal with the police cars, national guard, tons of volunteers, and medical staff. I showed up about ten minutes early and was out (even the 15 minutes of sitting) about 15 minute after my appointment. I felt like we were on an invisible conveyer belt as we passed through about 10 different check points before getting the shot. It was a well oiled machine! I calculated that there were getting about 25 shots in every 5-8 minutes. And I live in a small town no where near a big city.