Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 28 Holly (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-28-holly-t319123.html)

klaws 09-15-2022 12:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I decided to try a block with my fabric. I found some COC in my stash the has small dots. It matched perfectly with the fabric. I tried one with bright colors but didn't like the big contrast. I think it really needs some white or cream to make the fabric pop. I'm pleased at how this block turned out.

Cheesehead 09-15-2022 01:05 PM

Oh my gosh Karen, that fabric is just gorgeous in that block, I can't wait to play with it!

Cheese

terriamn 09-15-2022 01:08 PM

Janice hoping Charlie fell asleep

Karen layout fabric looks awesome with the white

LogCabin get well quickly, not fun being under the weather

Biblestone cute kids fabric

Never thought of myself as a pistol but now and then I feel adventurous

Janice McC 09-15-2022 02:55 PM

Klaws, your block is super! Definitely great with wow or coc.

sewbizgirl 09-15-2022 04:34 PM

Klaws, love your star in the pretty fabric. Will think about neutrals for your backgrounds.

Received fabric packages from 4 more people today! I just made it to Memphis but Hubby is bringing the packages in as they arrive.

Update on fabric arrival:
(Bold means "received")

Holly (3 months) 17

JaniceMcC
Terriamn
Sewbizgirl
Bibliostone (mailed)
Hav4boys
MJPEncinitas
RebaQuilts (2 packages)
Ibex94
Travelinggramma (mailed)
Petthefabric
Lstew2212 (mailed)
Cheesehead
Marcialee (mailed)
Klaws (mailed)
Mosher92
JayneW (mailed)
LogCabin82

We are doing great!

Rebaquilts 09-16-2022 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8567025)
Klaws, your block is super! Definitely great with wow or coc.

I also like the 2 color, since the fabric is so variegated the block has movement.

Lstew2212 09-16-2022 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by LogCabin82 (Post 8567005)
Well, I tested positive for Covid today. :( It was really unavoidable since it's all over my facility. :( Just hope it is just a little runny nose and cough and nothing more....

I hope it's just a mild cold, get better soon

Originally Posted by klaws (Post 8567011)
I decided to try a block with my fabric. I found some COC in my stash the has small dots. It matched perfectly with the fabric. I tried one with bright colors but didn't like the big contrast. I think it really needs some white or cream to make the fabric pop. I'm pleased at how this block turned out.

Great block. Itching to get started

LogCabin82 09-16-2022 09:18 AM

I didn't get any sleep last night :( Does anyone else find that cough drops keep you awake at night? I don't think I got to sleep until 6am after I took ibuprophen. :(

ibex94 09-16-2022 10:46 AM

Logcabin -- I'm so sorry you got sick! I had to sleep from a sitting up position when I had Covid because of the congestion and cough. The only thing that made me feel better was Emergen-C. The fatigue was awful but at least when I could breathe again, I could get some rest.

Klaws- lovely block. I am happy to hear that the coc made your colors pop. I am so looking forward to playing withing everyone's fabric!

Sewbizgirl -- I'm happy the package arrived safely. I hope the grandkids are giving you tons of hugs and kisses and smiles.

sewbizgirl 09-16-2022 01:57 PM

Won't see GD until tomorrow, and her brother is still in utero, LOL! But Ivy will be here to play with me all afternoon tomorrow, while her mommy works. Will go to see the other two GKs in Iowa next.

Hubby says no more packages arrived today. I'm surprised because there are so many in the mail. I guess they will show up tomorrow and Monday.

LogCabin, I don't know the answer to your question because I don't use cough drops. But if the ingredients include caffeine I can see where they would mess with your sleep.

Hope everyone is getting ready for a great weekend!