Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 31 Spring (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-31-spring-t322645.html)

Janice McC 05-21-2024 03:48 PM

I heard from Hav today and I expect she値l have her blocks here by Saturday, the last day of the swap. Woo hoo! Looks like we値l be on schedule. I致e begun the sort and as long as all goes well, I値l be shipping on time.

Did you all realize this weekend is the three day weekend for Memorial Day? Sheesh, I didn稚 until a few minutes ago. Anyone have any fun plans?

I managed to walk my 2.5+ miles again. Tomorrow I知 walking with a friend at 1 pm. Hope neither of us melts in the heat. Normally I walk early, just after dawn. I値l bring lots of water for sure.

Have a nice evening!

WMUTeach 05-22-2024 03:51 AM

Yeah, Memorial Day has snuck up on lots of folks. The only reason I knew is that my quilt group meets on the 4th Monday every month and because of the RWB celebration and we had to change our meeting date.

OK, the sun is up ................ get out and walk! Or maybe you have finished already.

Janice McC 05-22-2024 05:19 AM

WMUTeach, I知 just back from walking. Nearly an hour! DH and I decided to go to local town festivals on Friday and Saturday mornings. The rest of the weekend is still open.

sewbizgirl 05-22-2024 06:50 AM

Locally, there are no town celebrations that I know of for Memorial Day. That's also my quilt guild's meeting day and they decided to hold the meeting on Memorial Day. We are also a Quilts of Valor guild.

Hubby and I are off on a short road trip today. Have a nice day!

terriamn 05-22-2024 07:07 AM

I am starting out the Memorial weekend with my first solo trip out. Hubby followed me and backed the car in with Minnie behind me. Ground was too wet for me to pull through the grass to the site and I haven’t been successful backing her up yet. Not good camping weather it rained like crazy. When there was a break I made dinner on my camp stove, very glad I had prepared most of my food at home. Stayed snug as bug in my car and slept well. Today 3 bus loads of elementary kids arrived for an activity. It’s being well runner and the kids are having a wonderful time and behaving. The county told me they would be here and I chose to go anyway. Will go home tomorrow and we will head to the lake.

Annaquilts 05-22-2024 04:13 PM

BOOM 2022 Begonias Picture of finnished quilt

1 Attachment(s)

WMUTeach 05-22-2024 05:47 PM

What a lovely quilt, Annaquilts! The the Native American theme was well illustrated with the blocks. Whoo Hoo for you! Done and Done.

Janice McC 05-22-2024 05:57 PM

Wow! What a beautiful quilt, Annaquilts. Congratulations! We値l be starting up a new Boom at the end of July, hope you値l join us again.

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 8649039)

terriamn 05-23-2024 04:14 AM

Anna your quilt turned out fabulous. Love it

sewbizgirl 05-23-2024 12:33 PM

Love your quilt, Anna! Do come back to the Booms soon!

Terri, glad you are are safe and sound after camping in the rain. Hope your final day has good weather.