Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-3-0-closed-signups-swappers-pls-read-pg-155-a-t57109.html)

LovingIzabella 09-06-2010 12:55 PM

Hello Everyone!
So sorry I have been absent for a few days but we left for a camping trip with friends on Friday for the Labor Day weekend and returned today.
I had quite a few pages to catch up on so I have a few things I need to say :-)
1) MJ-You take care of YOU first. Your health is so very important and the eyes are a very scary thing to be having problems with. Please do not worry about here-we all love you and if you need any help at all I am always here to help :-)
2). QBee I have put you on the "waiting list" for 4.0 :-) This swap has become pretty popular and I am so glad it has. I love it so much and the friendships made her make my heart glow. I will send you a PM when official signups for 4.0 start.
3). I love love all of the blocks I am seeing. It never ceases to amaze me how different people interpret different fabrics and when you put them all together they absolutely glow. That is one of the greatest things about this swap-it encourages people to grow and try things they may never have. Love them all!
4). MJ I am not starting the top yet I promise. I look forward to having a block from you for this very special quilt! The love that will envelope me when I wrap up in it is just phenomenal!
5). I received two more beautiful blocks for my hug quilt-one from missgigglewings and one from leakus (thank you for the extra block as well-Izabella LOVES it :-)) Both blocks are beautiful and missgiggle do not ever feel like your work is not great-it is the love and attention you put in to it that makes it special. I have been quilting for 7 years now and still have times where my points do not want to come together no matter what I do so I chalk it up to a humility block and move on :-) Your block is perfect and I love it-thank you! And Leakus I love your block as well-my own sunshine :-) I will post pictures of the last set of blocks I received as soon as I empty the camera card of pictures lol.
6). Ksea-thank you so much for the fabulous stickers and erasers for Izabella. They were here when we got home from camping and she loves them. She immediately started making pictures with them-thank you for thinking of her! It means so much to both of us.
7). I want you all to know how fabulous a group you are and how much I love and adore you all! Remember if you need anything i am here :-)
Much Love & Huge Hugs
April

kwiltkrazy 09-06-2010 02:11 PM

Aptil, so nice to hear you got out and had some fun! I love to go camping, we use to do it all the time when the boys were little. Now hubby's health won't allow it.

Jupiter if you wanted to make me one of you fantastic circle blocks I would be thrilled. You are so creative.

KarenBarnes 09-06-2010 05:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Kathy N sent me a beautiful block but it isn't mine! I actually already have mine from her! Does anyone recognize these fabrics? The floral is from her. I'll send it on to the owner as soon as I know who!

Jupiter 09-06-2010 05:47 PM

KwiltKrazy, I looked in my box, and I already sent out your block on 9/1 and it isn't a circle block, sry :-( . If you'd like to swap a second block with me, I really wouldn't mind having a few extra blocks on my quilt. Let me know it your want to swap another one.

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
Aptil, so nice to hear you got out and had some fun! I love to go camping, we use to do it all the time when the boys were little. Now hubby's health won't allow it.

Jupiter if you wanted to make me one of you fantastic circle blocks I would be thrilled. You are so creative.

kwiltkrazy 09-06-2010 05:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry about that Jupiter, it was a beautiful flying geese block. Excuse a wacky girl.

ksea 09-07-2010 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter
Sorry to hear about your uncle. Racing is fun. Racing is hard. I'll bet the kids loved their outfits signed by Tony. Hey, I'd let him sign my t-shirt! lol

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by ksea

Originally Posted by Jupiter
Hi Ksea..... we are NASCAR fans. I am stitching this afternoon before the racing starts, too! lol

We regularly root for Kevin Harvick and Casey Mears because they are both from our home town. Tony Stewart is another fav here. Randy (my hubby) and I don't always agree on Jimmy Johnson and Dale Jr.

I'll be watching my mailbox for the new block to arrive. Thank you for making it!

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by ksea
Jupiter, I just finished growing up your block, I really like it, I hope you do too. It will be on its way home come
Tuesday.

I thought I only had a bit of time to work on blocks today but then I checked the Nascar schedule and AWESOME! the race isn't on till 7:30 tonight. Should be able to get quite a few more done before that!!

Tony is my favorite. I have pics of my DGD's in #20 and #14 outfits that I sent to him and he signed. I also go to the Prelude to the Dream race that he has at his Eldora Speedway every year. I'm not a Jr or a Jimmie or a Gordon fan but Harvick is okay. Johnny Benson is from here in Grand Rapids, in fact he started out racing at the local track here that my uncle was killed at.

Right!!! ME TOO!!!

ksea 09-07-2010 05:15 AM

OkDarla I sent your grown up block out in the early mail this morning, I didn't want to wait for the post office to open so I just put 4 stamps on it. I hope that is enough postage. My DGD thought it was so awesome, she got to put 2 dog and 2 cat stamps on the envelope.
April I am so glad you and your family got to get out and have some fun! Camping used to be one of our favorite things to do when the kids were little. I have 6 kids so it was something we could afford and because we stayed in our travel trailer, not in a hotel we had money to do lots of other things. I'm glad Izabella liked the little goodies, I know how little ones like to get mail too.
Jupiter if you haven't already completed my block I would love a circle one, I have never done any kind of applique and really haven't had the courage to try it. Maybe when I get done with school this winter I will have more time to try.
To all of you nascar fans. DID YOU SEE THAT RACE!!!!!! Smoke kicked butt!! GO TONY!!
I am going to have to be careful the next couple of weeks because I have a full load of classes and I find myself blowing off my homework to spend time here and time with the squishes in the basket and it is only the 2nd week of class. I can't wait to graduate in Dec.

ksea 09-07-2010 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by CraftsByRobin
Beautiful Job ya'll... I'm loving the grown up blocks!!! I had not received notification .... came back and this has been one buys thread!

I know I didn't recieve any notifications either and wow there were tons of post!! wonder what was up with that.

OdessaQuilts 09-07-2010 07:54 AM

Mary Jane,

OF COURSE it's my F8 causing all the problems ... after all, she's like her mother: always getting into trouble by running her mouth, stubborn, and independent.

Seriously, let us know about what is going on with you. We worry. Otherwise, take care of yourself.

Odessa

wendsy 09-07-2010 08:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Recieved my grown up block from Bibliostone. It's beautiful, I would never have guess that you had cutting problems-it looks like it was and original block. Thank you!

wonderful gift from Bibliostone
[ATTACH=CONFIG]113059[/ATTACH]