Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-3-0-closed-signups-swappers-pls-read-pg-155-a-t57109.html)

wendsy 08-31-2010 08:08 PM

Leakus-I think I know where the house number may have gotten switched-when I addressed your envelope I used the address label you sent to me on the fabric-I read it as 5711 not 7511-but it could be my dyslexia-it really comes on when I'm tired.

The disappearing 4 patch is like a D9P-only you start a 4 patch then cut it into 9 equal pieces and reassemble them into an eye pleasing arrangement. After I had 2 rejects-didn't like them at all, looked like I just sewed 2 half blocks together, very bad there was a clear division of color and pattern I realized what I had done wrong. Had to redo 2 blocks. But It's a fairly quick block to do once you get the hang of it, I made 11 today. I found I really like the way it comes out. I found the idea on the site awhile back and decided to try it out.

MegsAnn 08-31-2010 09:14 PM

April, those blocks go so well together! By the time you get 'em all it may be a double-sided quilt (wouldn't that be FUN?!)

MegsAnn 08-31-2010 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by wendsy
I envy all who have sewing rooms or even an area to sew. I currently have been removed from the sewing table-currently being used as a desk in the second half of our kitchen-our cat is determined it's her spot and there is no room for me. I was using the kitchen table tonight-I finally finished sewing some more blocks-will go out in the mail on Thurs. with the others already packaged-17 in all if I remember right. I am a nomad when it comes to sewing-if I can find the room when needed I sew!

Yeah... I've taken over the kitchen table. We eat over our laps on the couch now!

knlsmith 09-01-2010 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by goldendog55
I received a my first block from moonrise yesterday. The browns and black are just perfect, and so rich looking!

I love your bear fabric. Where can I get some?

brenda 5 09-01-2010 07:22 AM

My f8s are going out tomorrow. I was going to send them out Monday but haven't had time. Can't wait. I have gotten a couple blocks sent out.

goldendog55 09-01-2010 07:31 AM

We got our bear fabric through Fabric Depot, online.

OdessaQuilts 09-01-2010 11:07 AM

April, I'm so happy your camera is working with your computer again. Your Hugs Quilt will be just amazing. I know that you will love to wrap up in it when you are feeling low, or happy, or just plain quilty. I'm so glad I was able to send you a little something to go in it. It was an absolute thrill to make you a block you weren't expecting.

Tell DH when I send my youngest daughter packing he can come and customize what is now her bedroom into a sewing room/study area so we have a place for the computer, my sewing goodies and somewhere for DH to study. He's doing a FABULOUS job on yours; what a talented man you have there.

I've received several blocks & F8's in the last week, but they're piling up on the table as I work on yet another wedding cake. Back to it next week ladies!

TTFN,

Odessa

montanablu 09-01-2010 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by MegsAnn

Originally Posted by wendsy
I envy all who have sewing rooms or even an area to sew. I currently have been removed from the sewing table-currently being used as a desk in the second half of our kitchen-our cat is determined it's her spot and there is no room for me. I was using the kitchen table tonight-I finally finished sewing some more blocks-will go out in the mail on Thurs. with the others already packaged-17 in all if I remember right. I am a nomad when it comes to sewing-if I can find the room when needed I sew!

Yeah... I've taken over the kitchen table. We eat over our laps on the couch now!

All who don't have separate spaces to sew -- how you get things done is to be commended! You are amazing in my eyes!I have the 3rd bedroom as a sewing room, now that we are empty nesters. (Well, let me change that to say none of the 6 kids that spend time here, actually LIVE here or SLEEP here overnight!) I have to have order & calm or I can't sew. Crazy! & sometimes I'm so tired from getting things picked up, washed, etc that I still can't sew like I'd like to! Oh for the time to spend an entire day holed up in my space, creating away!! WHAT BLISS!!!

brenda 5 09-01-2010 12:59 PM

Surprise I got my f8s out in the mail today. Now i just need to work on my blocks. I have misplaced one f8, i sure hope i can figure out where it is. I hope i didn't loose it while I was out in my stash hunting for its sister.
These are the f8s that i haven't recieved yet.
purplemen
nurse bonnie
new2quilting
mbogenpohl

Jupiter 09-01-2010 01:10 PM

Hi April,

I hope you don't mind my asking this. I know that your are facing some surgery. I'll be praying for you. If you tell me what to pray for, it would be nice to know. Of crourse, God already knows and His hand will be on you if you ask Him.

hugs, Jupiter