Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 5.0-EAST Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-5-0-east-group-t120544.html)

joanelizbay 05-11-2011 07:48 AM

Its really strange because the PO told me it would cost 84 cents because they had to hand stamp the letters then almost all the ones I got were only 44 cents and they werent returned. Makes you wonder why the PO is almost bankrupt doesnt it? :)

reeskylr 05-11-2011 09:19 AM

lol yeah, I don't get it. But what can you do? We are at the mercy of the Mail Man!

Navarre2011 05-11-2011 09:22 AM

Arrivals today:
bookworm (1of 2)
joanelizbay
shaysmema (2 of 2)
Thank you!!

monarchbee 05-11-2011 10:42 AM

It depends on who you are working with at the PO. My mail clerk was very kind and weighed each of my 35 envelopes and not one (except for Canada) needed extra postage. She had a plastic template with an envelope size slit in it that she slipped an envelope through to see if it would fit OK. And, my envelopes did. I pressed all my fabric and folded it so that it would lay the flatest, least bulky that I could get it, then I squeezed as much air out as I could before sealing.

Since I am new to these swaps I will tell you how I am keeping track of the fabric that comes in: I open the envelope, and on the envelope I write a description of the fabric itself, the forum name of the owner, the day I received it and a check mark the date I recorded it here. I do all the recording on the master sheet, then I select fabric to coordinate with the F8 and slip it and the envelope etc into a plastic sleeve, that way everything from each member stays together. So far, so good.

goldendog55 05-11-2011 11:01 AM

I received the f8 from monarch bee yesterday. Very nice!

Crafty3790 05-11-2011 12:44 PM

I save the plastic it's sent in so I can use it to send the block in. I cut a little piece of the fabric and staple it on the envelope. I check off the box when someone receives my fabric when I receive theirs and when the blocks are sent out and received.

joanelizbay 05-11-2011 12:57 PM

Received my 1st finished block today from pgaines. It is absolutely beautiful! I LOVE it! Thanks!!

QuilterMomma 05-11-2011 04:57 PM

Received f8s from
pgaines
tyrell

Received finished block from janecat and it is awesome.

reeskylr 05-11-2011 05:41 PM

Where are the pictures?! We wanna see the blocks too.

I have a few finished on my blog site.
I'll list the ones I finished, so if the person I made it for doesn't want to see them they can wait till it arrives :)

Janecat
Carsey
JoanelizBay
QuilterMomma
PokerDiva
Shayshema

The link is on my sig. If anyone is wanting to see them. I'll get them in the mail this weekend. And the other f8's that came back to me today. Dang mail anyway.

joanelizbay 05-11-2011 06:19 PM

Reeskylr. You have good taste! The red you used when you made my block is almost the same color I sent out in my F8. I sent half the people creme/red and the other half red. Its really pretty! Thanks..cant wait to get it. Mailing finished blocks to pgaines, crafty 3790, quilterMomma and goldendog55 tomorrow. I didnt know whether to post pictures because alot of people like to be surprised so I probably wont post! Kinda like opening a Christmas present before Christmas!