Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-5-0-north-group-t120542.html)

brenda21 05-20-2011 06:03 PM

oh good Janet! so I know at least one has arrived LOL

nurse bonnie 05-20-2011 08:20 PM

OK NORTH GROUP ~ ALL OF MY F8'S WENT OUT TODAY.

And about the post office. In B4, I had the clerk check that the 64 cents was enough and she said yes. It went from northern CA to WA state and they put a postage due of another $1.10. I asked my post office about it (my regular clerk was off that day), and she said that maybe that office needed more money, giggled and walked away. I'm sure glad that she found that sooo amuzing!!! I hope that we don't have as many probs this time like we've had before.

kreinhart742 05-20-2011 08:34 PM

Block received from Heyjami today I will post picture tomorrow. Grown up block going home tomorrow to JudyVA

selfhunter 05-21-2011 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by bolin0909
Ok I am still waiting on f8s from:
brenda5
Havplenty
lillie
Materialgrl
Nurse Bonnie
pattis47
Qbee
quiltin'gran

I want to make sure the following has gotten a f8 from me:
brenda5
JudyVA
Kathy N
Lillie
Materialgrl
MFQS
NanaKathy55
Navarre2011
ok Darla
Qbee
selfhunter

Thanks everyone!

I did receive my F8 from you on Thursday, I thought I posted sorry. selfhunter

Janetlmt 05-21-2011 05:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have the following blocks completed...

fromzstore
JudyVa
Karen Patrick
MFQS
Ms Grace
Selfhunter

I haven't received f8s from the following
DonnaD
Haveplenty
Lauraellen
Lillie
Materialgirl
Qbee
Quilting granny

I have received completed blocks from the following..

Cyndi H
fromzstore
janecat
Kathy N
moonrise
paintmejudy
pattis47
PokerDiva
selfhunter

They are all so pretty. Thank you ladies!

Peace and Blessings,

CJ Holman, Kathy N, Patti Strine, and Patsy Self
[ATTACH=CONFIG]200042[/ATTACH]

Linda Hudgins
[ATTACH=CONFIG]200046[/ATTACH]

heyjami 05-21-2011 07:33 AM

I'm seam ripping at least 2 out of every 6 sews... but I still can't seem to achieve perfect seams!

Is that something that is achieved over time/practice or is that something that there's a better technique to use than I'm doing?

I am paper piecing so my cuts are good (now) and my seams are accurate now, and I use a pin at the juncture of the corners. Do you all hand baste those corners to get them perfect then machine sew? I'm really motivated to do the very best I can for you all... please share your tips.

There's a LQS here so I will go in and ask advice too. When I have 20 mins to spare! ;-)

Janetlmt 05-21-2011 09:23 AM

I find the most important thing is accurate measurements and cutting. That is the beginning of good matching seams. I have been quilting for 27 years and I still have moments that I don't have a good match. I will rip it out one time..if it doesn't come out perfectly then..so be it. When you are sewing and come to the end make sure that your fabric is following a straight line. Use a stileto to guide it through. That very end point can make a huge difference in matching seams. At times I found I was veering off to the left. Pressing is very important..press, don't iron. Ironing can cause your fabric to stretch out of shape..again causing seams to not match. Some don't starch..I always do. It makes your fabric more stable.
I hope this helps you. Your blocks look great..keep up the good work.
Peace and Blessings,

montanablu 05-21-2011 01:50 PM

I agree with Janet - she's given lots of good advice! And practice does make perfect :thumbup: The styletto may seem like an unnecessary tool for some - but I love it! I too was veering left sometimes, & even what seems like a tiny bit makes a huge difference when it comes to matching points!

One of my machines does not sew well over pins. If I pin behind the stitch line, it's OK - but if I sew anywhere near the pin my seam is off a little. I guess that machine just doesn't play well with pins! :thumbdown:

Whatever you do, don't get discouraged! We've all been there - but quilting is SO worth the effort! :thumbup: (just think about all these neat people you wouldn't be getting to know if you weren't quilting :wink: :D

LauraEllen 05-21-2011 02:00 PM

Just got an F8 from Kathy N. What a pretty batik!

nurse bonnie 05-21-2011 03:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I received f8's today from:
LauraEllen
Navarre2011

I finally found camera and here are the beautiful blocks I have received this week.

from moonrise ~ I love the MM Fairy Frost fabric.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]200247[/ATTACH]

from janecat ~ very, very pretty!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]200248[/ATTACH]

from paintmejudy ~ love the sparkly gold on the black. and she even put sparkle glitter on the poinsetta. awesome!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]200250[/ATTACH]