Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-5-0-north-group-t120542.html)

LovingIzabella 06-11-2011 06:21 AM

Hello everyone,
I am working on getting updates from those who have not mailed F8s yet but hubby had surgery yesterday so I am running a little behind.
I know Lillie had some personal issue pop up bue she is working on her blocks but her F8s will take awhile before they get out.
I know materialgrl is mailing soon so please be patient.
Also Please remember people do have allergies so please be kind when using scents or near animals. If you have cats or dogs or parrots and frogs, just check to see if the fabric may have picked up some of their hair, feathers or skin and be courteous to others and have as little as possible on fabric and blocks.
If anyone needs me I am here-PM me :-)
Beautiful beautiful work everyone!
Hugs
April

JudyVA 06-11-2011 12:51 PM

All,
I have been receiving some awesome blocks from so many of you....this is very exciting to see how each person interprets the fabrics and is creative in such a variety of ways...
I took pics of the blocks I made to date but DH went off to Italy with the camera so cannot update them now..
Here is my block update: (I think this is an accurate list but there could be something I missed)

Not received fabric
bolin0909
Lillie
Materialgrl

Mailed grown up block on June 9 to:
MFQS
janecat
selfhunter
carsey
paintmejudy
PokerDiva
heyjami

Received grown up blocks from:(let me know if I missed you...it just means my spreadsheet is not correct...I likely do have your block)
janecat
moonrise
selfhunter
carsey
Janetlmt
paintmejudy
PokerDiva
Cyndi H
fromzstore
Ms Grace
heyjami
kreinhart742
NanaKathy55
Navarre2011
Ok Darla
pattis47
Kathy N
DonnaD
montanablu

Cyndi H 06-11-2011 12:56 PM

What a few people don't realize is that while they're careful to not smoke or use scents, they've used a fabric softener in their washer or dryer that has a scent that's activated upon ironing. I must have received 8-9 F8s like that. (I'm not sensitive--this is just an observation.)

I'm on my long trip to Canada and Alaska, so any F8s or blocks mailed after the last week of May will not be received and acknowledged until October.

As of the day we left, I had not received F8s from Lillie or Qbee, but have been in contact with Qbee about hers (she knows she won't get a grownup block until October). Everyone else should have received their grownup block from me.

Also, as of the day we left, I DID receive grownup blocks from heyjami, Janecat, Kathy N, moonrise, Ms Grace, NanaKathy55, Navarre2011, paintmejudy, pattis47, Pokerdiva, roseysue, and selfhunter. Everyone else will have to wait until October (oR late September) to have any blocks sent to me acknowledged.

Jennifer22206 06-11-2011 01:22 PM

Cyndi have fun and take lots of pictures!

selfhunter 06-11-2011 04:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
received these grown up blocks this week love them both

Havplenty
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210120[/ATTACH]

Fromzstore
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210121[/ATTACH]

brenda 5 06-11-2011 04:32 PM

I don't know how all of you do it. I also work full time and it seems like i am so tired when i get home.
I have a daughter and 3 girls living with me. My youngest daughter may be coming back with her 2 boys. She is facing heart surgery at the age of 26. She won't be able to take care of them so she wants to get it done before school starts again. She moved 1 1/2 hours away so i can't exactlly go there after work.

Cyndi H 06-11-2011 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
Cyndi have fun and take lots of pictures!

Thanks! I don't know if I've bored everyone with the details already, but I retired from teaching last week, and then Don and I took off on our dream trip. We have a trailer, and we're on our way to the Canadian Rockies (Banff and Jasper) and then the Alaska Highway. He's an avid fly fisherman, and I'm happy sewing, cross stitching, reading, and playing tourist with him (he can't fish ALL the time!). I am posting all the pics on my travel blog--link below my sig. If ANY of you wonderful ladies in this group, April included, want a postcard from the road, just let me know! I love sending postcards.

Qbee 06-12-2011 02:50 AM

I found it Brenda!! Thanks so much!

Originally Posted by brenda21
Qbee~ You should have gotten my fabric...the fabric I sent to you should have been the bluish green and brown sea life...let me know if you don't come across it and I can send more :)

Navarre2011 06-12-2011 03:43 AM

The first one is from me...Navarre2011. Glad it made it home safely!

Originally Posted by selfhunter
received these grown up blocks this week love them both

Qbee 06-12-2011 03:45 AM

I am showing that I have everyone except the following:

Lillie
Materialgrl
OK Darla

If you have sent yours and are on the list, just let me know because it is HIGHLY possible that it came. Please remember that for the 8 days I was hospitalized and 2 weeks following my DH, DD and DS were checking the mail, etc....you know what that means!! ROFL!

Also, all of my F8s d
Thank ya'll for your patience

Originally Posted by Qbee
I found it Brenda!! Thanks so much!

Originally Posted by brenda21
Qbee~ You should have gotten my fabric...the fabric I sent to you should have been the bluish green and brown sea life...let me know if you don't come across it and I can send more :)