Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 6.0 Autumn Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-6-0-autumn-group-t156755.html)

moonrise 02-03-2012 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Chigger Holler Quilter (Post 4938314)
Moonrise I wanted to let you know that I found your f8! I am SO sorry for my mishap there....your block will be on it's way to you as soon as I can possibly get to it!

No problem! :thumbup:

ljdugas31 02-03-2012 03:51 PM

Lillie i got my grownup block soooooooo pretty!! Thank You so much. Linda

moonrise 02-03-2012 04:35 PM

Received a block from Lillie today. Thanks! There's a photo on my Photobucket page (link in sig line). :)

moonrise 02-03-2012 04:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mosher92 - I received an envelope today with two blocks in it. One is my Winter block (thanks!), but I don't think the second block is mine. I'm not sure. I sent out a bunch of different autumn-colored fabrics for the Autumn group, but I don't recall sending any of the fabrics in the block.

The blue floral fabric is some that Shaysmema sent, though. Is it possible this is her block? I've attached a photo of it below.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]308644[/ATTACH]

moonrise 02-03-2012 04:50 PM

Let's see ... I show that I'm awaiting blocks from:

Aully (need Winter block too - has anyone heard from her?)
ChiggerHollerQuilter (I know about this one - thanks!)
daisey (I saw your post - thanks!)
eagleoneowl2u2
KerriV42 (I saw your post - thanks!)
mosher92 (possibly, if the block in my post above this one isn't mine)
quiltin'gran (I saw your post - thanks!)

Lillie 02-03-2012 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by bibliostone (Post 4910000)
All my blocks are sewn, but I will wait until I am back in Ohio to mail them. They insist at all the post offices I've visited lately that if it is not paper in the envelope then it has to be mailed as a package ($1.79 today!). Is this something new? Has anyone else run into this problem? I'll put the pictures on photobucket if you want to peak.

Yes but it was $1.95 per envelope, then I went to another for others and it was 90 and 95 cent, then next day back to first po and another person charged me 65 cents. I reported this to higher to see why all postal offices are not using the same guide lines and why one has to different prices depending on who's working. no wonder they are closing so many post offices. They are trying to shut down delivery in my area and make it where everyone must have a po box.

Crafty3790 02-03-2012 06:03 PM

I have had the issue I have 3 PO in a 5 min radius so one of the post offices said the best way to send them is use greeting card envelopes because you don't need to fold them as small so they slide thru the slot and the thickness makes the difference. If there are lots of seams or I do embroidery that also makes them thicker or if you don't cut the ziplock part off the Baggie hope that helps. And it was 20 cents extra for hand canceling them which I always do.

moonrise 02-03-2012 06:06 PM

Sometimes I think the post office is losing their marbles!

A couple of days ago I had some envelopes that arrived with postage due. The mail lady rang the doorbell. It came to $.84 total. DH gave her $.85 to cover it, "don't worry about the penny". All taken care of, right?

Well, today I put my mortgage payment and a check for some stamps in the mailbox. (We can buy stamps through our mail carrier here.)

DH got the mail this evening and found:
  • 3 new squishies - yay! :thumbup:
  • The mortgage payment - still in the mailbox! :mad:
  • The $9.00 check for 20 stamps had been picked up, but no stamps were left. Hope she brings them tomorrow. :eek:
  • An envelope with a receipt for the $.84 postage due from two days ago, along with 5 pennies that I guess was supposed to be our change. I guess $.85 minus $.84 equals $.05 now.

And they wonder why they're losing money? ;)

Lillie 02-03-2012 06:19 PM

RECEIVED GROWN UP BLOCKS FROM THE FOLLOWING.....
ALIKAT110
BIBLIOSTONE
CRAFTY3790
FROMZSTORE
GIRLSCOUTS1
GOLDENDOG55
ISLANDWIZ1
JANETLMT
JENNIFER22206
JOYCE D
KRIS 2011
LJDUGAS31
MARYTODDLIZ
MISSGIGGLEWINGS
MOONRISE
NCQUILTER
POKERDIVA
QUILTERMOMMA
RN8OR
SANDYNORM
SEW1096
SHAYSMEMA
TROY26

I want to say how happy I am to receive the lovely blocks and my granson is so excited with his western block, he goes to mail box every day to see if he has a block. he wants to help me make his quilt and he is only shy two months from being 5 years old. i plan to take a photo of him with all his blocks. thank you all and god bless. 2/3/12

bibliostone 02-03-2012 08:15 PM

I got blocks from Mosher92, fabric_fancy and OK Darla today. Thanks ladies! I will post pictures later. Only need 5 more!