Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 6.0 Autumn Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-6-0-autumn-group-t156755.html)

PokerDiva 09-30-2011 02:00 PM

Good grief daisey. We are just having some fun here. Please don't be offended. My husband is semi retired and works part time driving city bus. What do you think they might be calling him. LOL..... Probably not as bad as what I call him sometimes.

Originally Posted by daisey
Hey lets watch the names my husband works for the PO ...Thanks

Jennifer22206 09-30-2011 02:01 PM

Thanks Jennifer I am excited ..I am in a few yahoo groups with aussie and own 2 of my own yahoo groups and I have done tons of rr and row x rows most have been good since we have all gotten to know each other, but I used to do swap bot and had alot of bad experiences iwth them..I dont do them anymore with them,,but so far here on QB all my experiences have been good

I did two swap-bot ones, burned both times in them. I do love these Booms. I don't think I'd get any really huge quilts done if it weren't for them. And I love making blocks for everyone. It's really a lot of fun. A ton of work, but so much fun.

moonrise 09-30-2011 02:01 PM

I was able to con ... er ... convince DH to go to the post office this morning instead of tomorrow morning, so all my F8's have been mailed. :mrgreen:

I already had some $.64 stamps onhand so I used them for most of the envelopes, until I ran out. The post office said $.44 would have been enough (figures! LOL!) so that's what they put on the remaining envelopes. The F8's were in business-sized envelopes and were squooshed down flat using Glad Press-n-Seal. The receipt says they were .90 ounces. Canada was $.80, and Australia was $.98. :)

daisey 09-30-2011 02:03 PM

Yeah i like the idea that we are sending some of our own fabric that way they all blend...It will be fun and we have 4 months that is plenty of time! Oh I guess they will start showing up soon. Yeah Hoo!

Jennifer22206 09-30-2011 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise
I was able to con ... er ... convince DH to go to the post office this morning instead of tomorrow morning, so all my F8's have been mailed. :mrgreen:

I already had some $.64 stamps onhand so I used them for most of the envelopes, until I ran out. The post office said $.44 would have been enough (figures! LOL!) so that's what they put on the remaining envelopes. The F8's were in business-sized envelopes and were squooshed down flat using Glad Press-n-Seal. The receipt says they were .90 ounces. Canada was $.80, and Australia was $.98. :)

hehe. I love it when i con(vince) my DH to do what I want!

I get my envelopes free from a card shop. She has to give the cards back if they don't sell, but the envelopes she saves for me

Jennifer22206 09-30-2011 02:05 PM

Yeah i like the idea that we are sending some of our own fabric that way they all blend...It will be fun and we have 4 months that is plenty of time! Oh I guess they will start showing up soon. Yeah Hoo!

hopefully you get mine in a few days. All were mailed today!

daisey 09-30-2011 02:20 PM

I am thinking the longer business ones may work better,,,so I will ask... the fabric will lie flatter and in which will fit through the slot better..I will talk to them tomorrow or Monday...Hope it works..

daisey 09-30-2011 02:21 PM

I sent mine today...what state are you in again?

daisey 09-30-2011 02:22 PM

I think the design you made for your avatar is so unique and beautiful!

Jennifer22206 09-30-2011 02:29 PM

Thanks! I'm in NJ. It took forever to sketch out my avatar, but I'm happy with it. Beware - there might be a new avatar for me coming up soon - new pattern and everything!!