Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 6.0 Spring Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-6-0-spring-group-t156753.html)

jillnjo 10-03-2011 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by yayaquilts
Another question: I assume we return any unused portion of the F8's to the original quilter?!?

I think we keep any extra fabric. That's what I have read posted here!

Roseysue 10-03-2011 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by jillnjo

Originally Posted by yayaquilts
Another question: I assume we return any unused portion of the F8's to the original quilter?!?

I think we keep any extra fabric. That's what I have read posted here!

Yes we keep it.

marytoddliz 10-03-2011 11:10 PM

I got my first block finished and sent out, but it is from the other group. I am going to do a few more tomorrow, so I will be looking at the fabric I got to go with!

This is so much fun!

sewhappy30 10-04-2011 04:42 AM

Getting ready to start on my first block! Marybeth, you are on top of things already 1 done and mailed Wow that's great, just 49 more to go.

hoppyfrog 10-04-2011 07:16 AM

Hi everyone. I mailed all of the envelopes yesterday (10/3). Each one is a different black and white fabric. This is going to be a charity quilt.
Also received three envelopes yesterday from Jillnjo, sewhappy30 and roseysue. Nice fabrics ladies. I'm headed to the sewing room now to pull fabrics and patterns. This is my third boom swap and it's wonderful working with new people. Happy sewing.
Shelley

babeyruth 10-04-2011 07:24 AM

Advice:

What is the best way to figure out how to end up with a 12 1/2 " square?
I started to look at patterns last night and some are 9", 10", etc. I've never done a block that I had to send to someone else, so now it matters. For my own sizes I didn't really care as long as they are more or less came squared out in the end same sizes.
I thought it would be easy, but now I realize I will need to go through alot of 'mock ups' to get the sizing down right. :cry: Since I want to experiment learning new blocks.

marytoddliz 10-04-2011 08:27 AM

I am also in that boat! But I have been doing samples as soon as I knew I was going to do this swap. I found a lot of my 12 in blocks in some of the quilting books I have.

My problem is now making sure it is 12 1/2 after it is finished. My seams are really good so I think some of the pattern pieces aren't exactlly the right size so do the test and measure the one inch square. That is what helped me the most.

sewhappy30 10-04-2011 08:45 AM

Just finished my first block. It is so bright and cheerful, guess who's that would be...marytoddliz
Now on to my next one.

dungeonquilter 10-04-2011 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz
I am also in that boat! But I have been doing samples as soon as I knew I was going to do this swap. I found a lot of my 12 in blocks in some of the quilting books I have.

My problem is now making sure it is 12 1/2 after it is finished. My seams are really good so I think some of the pattern pieces aren't exactlly the right size so do the test and measure the one inch square. That is what helped me the most.

I think they are to be 12" finished, 12 1/2 unfinished. When you measure your completed block, before it is sewn into the quilt, it should measure 12 1/2".

deltadawn 10-04-2011 09:14 AM

Wow ! I received a F8th today - sure arrived quickly .
FROM JILLINJO

Am sending mine out next week due to work commitments so you may get your completed block back with my fabric .