Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 7.0-EARTH Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-7-0-earth-group-t182721.html)

shnnn 03-19-2012 02:40 PM

we got our share of snow here in Northern Nevada too. about time!!
I got f8 from Dahna, dotty, yayaquilts, and crqltr (barely- that one just about got eaten on the way!)
My f8s are cut -- and folded, but I'm out of envelopes - someone decided to make puppets out of them :) so tomorrow I will grab some more and off they go
Shannon

ljdugas31 03-19-2012 06:45 PM

I got f8's from Difergie,dotcomdtcm,maggiebb,oma7,and scrapper. Made the blocks and sending out tomorrow.

urgodschild2 03-20-2012 02:31 AM

Boy some of you are really fast. I can't even start on my blocks until I get back to CAl in May. My son let me know that 5 squisshy's came in the mail from dugas31, crqltr, dahna42, dotcomdtcm, and yayaquilts. Looking forward to going home in May to see them. I got the material that I am sending out from downunder. It is not what I originally wanted because so far I haven't been able to find it. So I picked something else. Will be washing and then cutting up the material tomorrow. Then on Thursday, will be mailing them out.

Barb

urgodschild2 03-20-2012 02:54 AM

I have a thought here. I am going to write on my envelope to hand stamp and see if that works. I know that they do have to hand stamp some packages that don't go through the machines. Have any of you tried that yet. I want all my squishies to make it up to America and Canada without getting lost like the socks in the washing machine. I am also putting them in a plastic baggie with my name and address on them. Hoping this works out. tomorrow it might rain and in Australia most people dry clothes on the line or drying racks so we'll see what tomorrow brings. Seeing that I paid lots of money for my fabric, I am hoping it won't get lost. Hmmmm wondering what the cost will be to mail it from here? LOL.

Barb

LovingIzabella 03-20-2012 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 5073661)
We have pink trees in NYC so enjoy your snow! I don't want any buds to freeze. There's always next October!

That was a crazy storm wasn't it?? :)
Hugs
April

hoppyfrog 03-20-2012 06:33 AM

I also have about 8" of snow from this last week-end. I'm just a few miles outside of Yosemite National Park. It's about time, we've had a very dry winter so far.
Rec'd sqishies from marytoddliz, dahna42, crqltr and yayaquilts. Nice fabric from everyone. Will be fun to pick patterns and matching fabrics.
Shelley

dahna42 03-20-2012 07:48 AM

I received my first finished block from Roe, and it is beautiful. I also received F8's from Roe and Ljdugas

yayaquilts 03-20-2012 12:09 PM

I've found if you go to the counter at the PO and verify postage cost there aren't problems with postage.

Can't believe how many of you are "speedy gonzales!!" Since not at home I don't know what has arrived--I am excited to see how many are with our mail once home on the 27th!

PS dahna42: don't forget to post pictures of the finished blocks you received back (or anyone else!! It's so fun to see what others do with our fabrics!!)

lynnquilts 03-20-2012 12:10 PM

Just got back from seeing my daughter.. Its a boy!....Everyone is very excited since they already have 2 girls.. I had a fun surprise in my mail today.. 6 envelopes with F8 from Carol, Donna, Dotty, Shelley, Marybeth & Karen ( I'm using first names because it is easier to type that board names) Looking forward to making blocks :0

lynnquilts 03-20-2012 12:46 PM

just trying to figure out how this all works.. when I realized that i only have 5 posts.........and everyone else have soooo many.. oh well I guess I have to get going :) but I'd better get back to work. Oh to be retired.......Love u K