Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-diamonds-group-t197895.html)

goldendog55 08-24-2012 06:37 PM

I've received f8's from:

Abby's Mom, Charlotte Marie, Elisabrat, Fraew, jaba, ljdugas31, marytoddliz, missgigglewings, moonrise, Nexxus831, QuilterMomma, RoseySue, The MammaHause, TwinRiverFarm. I don't know if I can do anything better than the compasses of the last swap! Too many health issues this time around. Or I could just be getting lazy! If nothing else, I am giving myself some time to play and learn now!

TheMamaHauser 08-24-2012 06:37 PM

MissGiggleWings... I have a finished block for you (picture via link in my signature).

I want to go on record as saying I 100% created the "focus" of the pattern, it was a first time attempt at the technique (and utter success, I believe) and I couldn't be prouder of that block.

Nexxus831 08-24-2012 06:44 PM

Got three squishies today:
Fraew
Anastasia
Chewboo

so that is 19 squishes this week and I haven't even made one block yet except for my test blocks. My 14yo daughter is enjoying opening all the envelopes for me though. To bad I can't get to her to sew them for me too.

missgigglewings 08-24-2012 07:10 PM

Oh Wow Mamahauser! That is awesome.....I'm just gonna tell everyone to forward their F8 to you! What a great quilt that block would make! Thank you so much for being in sync with my fabric!

TheMamaHauser 08-24-2012 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings (Post 5465639)
Oh Wow Mamahauser! That is awesome.....I'm just gonna tell everyone to forward their F8 to you! What a great quilt that block would make! Thank you so much for being in sync with my fabric!

I can send you a .pdf with the boot pattern if you want; I drew it up in Excel because it's got a perfect grid and a "draw border" tool. I printed it, glued it to some cardboard, cut it out, and then traced around it on the paper after I ironed the heat & bond onto the fabric.

missgigglewings 08-24-2012 07:28 PM

You are so clever...I would love to have the pdf..do you have my email? Thank you so much!

Fraew 08-24-2012 08:29 PM

F8s received today:
Chewboo
goldendog55
Nexxus831
QuilterMomma

Thanks

Scrapper 08-24-2012 09:08 PM

Wow my vacationing F8's are multiplying.....gonna be a Par-Tay tonight...LOL...I recieved the following F8's today:
Nexxus831 - QuilterMomma - Abby's mom - CharlotteMarie - chewboo - goldendog55

Annaquilts 08-24-2012 09:55 PM

One day closer to getting my fabrics out. I finally made my little slip to be included with the fabric.
envelopes V
address labels V
fabric washed and cut V
Slips of paper V
It looks like I am finaly ready to stuff those puppies. I had several more envelops coming in but I will need to get and post tomorrow from whom they were. So many came in already I feel like the last one to get mine out.

moonrise 08-24-2012 09:59 PM

Pant pant pant pant! I didn't think I'd have a chance to sew today or this weekend. I'd planned to go out of town with DH, but decided not to go. He's already back now (about 7 hours total), but while he was gone, I had a sewing marathon! :D

Mailing this morning:

Chewboo - very pretty fabric!
CharlotteMarie - Your fabric is my favorite so far! Your block practically made itself.
joanelizbay - I love your fabric too!
Goldendog55 - Absolutely adorable!
Nexxus831 - Easy to match! LOL! I actually made your block first, then discovered that the fabrics I'd chosen for your block perfectly matched CharlotteMarie's fabric. Woo hoo! :D
savannahrandons - With the extra fabric, I was able to make a block that normally would've taken more than an F8. (Found that out the hard way a couple of Boomerangs ago! Eek!) I think it turned out pretty if I do say so myself. :o I sent the extra fabric back, since it was a pretty good-sized piece.

Link to photos in sig line if you want to peek!