Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-diamonds-group-t197895.html)

Elisabrat 08-25-2012 09:26 PM

Twinrivers: the garlic I had wondered what I would have done: two ways: one with red/green stripes little Italy :) and another would be red roses.. the Italian Rose theme.. my children are Italian and then Italian and then toss in a little.. Italian so we had a whole lot of garlic and flag stuff through the years. Still do :) and.. my baby girl is on her last year at U of Oregon.. majoring in.. Italian (wonder where that came from? phew right there out of the blue too) and last but not least she finished culinary school and wants to open an.. ITALIAN bakery. We used to drive by the garlic factory going to Yosemite every year (its in Gilroy that factory) and the kids would say NOW roll down the windows all would be going ahhhhhhh then quick! roll them up! they thought it would keep the smell in longer lol.. yeah we do garlic.

ok now I am hungry all from reading a post on fabric. Warped puppy, oh wait where is quilter momma and her puppy? I just finished a block with grapes so maybe wine is in order.. I am pouring come on over! ok who am I kidding i cant drink.. ok green grapes fresh chilled from the cooler! come on over! jelly and toast! grape jelly! get up everyone whooo whoooo whoooooo who

marytoddliz 08-25-2012 09:38 PM

Hummmm, that was my question also. I always ask because in Boom 6 I sent the wrong note with a very pretty mauve print, the note said I was going to add Turquoise and Orange to it!!!! Guarantee I would never mix those colors, but some asked and I got the misunderstanding fixed, some didn't and I had some blocks that by them selves looked ok but no way would it work in a quilt. So now I always ask! I am going to send a pm just in case she doesn't get on board often enough to read all our chit chat.

Originally Posted by chewboo (Post 5468062)
CharlotteMarie--I am a little lost I got your f8 for the diamond block today but the note says to rubie group and says it6 is cute frog--but I got a f8 of purple on purple

marytoddliz 08-25-2012 09:45 PM

Linda, so where is your Daughter opening this Italian restaurant? I think I would like to move where ever it is! Yummy, I love Italian cooking, can't eat most of it but I still love it!

I am in my sewing room working away, my husband is in bed watching some kind of tough guy movie, I can hear him in there laughing, LOL, I guess that is why I am in here sewing~ But I have to admit he did watch Beaches with me the other day, well until he fell asleep!

speaking of getting hungry, the fabric that was died Pink and Brown, man that made me thing of Neapolitan Ice cream, I must have gone down stairs and looked in the freezer about 5 times, nope no Ice Cream~

OK I am back to quilting, I think Bruce Willis just got the bad guys!

Nexxus831 08-25-2012 10:17 PM

WOOOOHOOOO got my first block done. I was so scared that I made a couple boo boos on cutting and had none left so it is just 12.5 by 12.5 so hope you don't mind the wonkie look. The block is for TheMamaHauser so take a look only if you wanna see it before you receive it.

Annaquilts 08-25-2012 10:41 PM

Blocks

Seven blocks done sofar. Keep on sending those F8s. I have some time next week and after that I don't know when I'll get to it. Hope to hear from TwinRiverFarms soon. I was going to do her block and ironed the fabric but am scared to proceed as mine did not have a note. I hope to figure out how to post the blocks like some of you are doing with a link in the signature line. All my F8 went out and now I am already getting anxious about getting my first blocks back. :D

Lv2sew2011 08-25-2012 11:52 PM

I've got two done...LOL I hope they like them. They won't be mailed until the First of the month....
Donna

Lv2sew2011 08-26-2012 12:02 AM

Hi Melinda, I thought it look pretty darn good myself...Loved the colors
Donna

Originally Posted by Nexxus831 (Post 5468269)
WOOOOHOOOO got my first block done. I was so scared that I made a couple boo boos on cutting and had none left so it is just 12.5 by 12.5 so hope you don't mind the wonkie look. The block is for TheMamaHauser so take a look only if you wanna see it before you receive it.

Elisabrat 08-26-2012 01:28 AM

Annaquilts: I pm'd her and asked as i was stumped. My reply was to just go for it.. I went with river rock fabric and another with grapes as mine was a plum purple with the black tiny design (maybe it was dark purple on purple dunno now that you say yours is red/red). seven blocks so far darned it your one block ahead of me. sigh kick it up a notch.

Marybeth she wants to open it in Oregon. I tell her come back to the bay area and charge more :) her home town of Los Altos is very upscale so its the right clientel the kind that can afford to still eat out. She is going to study abroad culinary in Italy. she wants to go for cooking taught in Italian for Italian vs for Americans. My little biscotti she is one sweet tough cookie.. think she will do great. Dinner at Cafe Adamo to the one with the most.. you fill in the block surely its the right answer. Me, loose marbles. the one with the most loose marbles. TADA! And we can all squeeze into Alexanders limos to get there.. maybe the hummer who wants to go in the hummer? wait til I tell him. I had my roommate in the hospital all set with me to escape out the window and call the limo to come get us.. we kept expounding onthe helicopters looking for two escapies, in designer gowns, our rears flappin in the wind, running as fast as two can with walkers and barefeet only to be found at the Fish Market chowing down on fresh garlic bread and clam chowder hounded by news teams.. you can tell we had both spent way too much time in our beds there.. my son laughed and said he would send his girlfriend in to push our rears from behind so we could SQUEEZE out the window... while he donned his cap and gloves to greet us. YOU THINK I AM GOOFY HERE you should have seen me stuck in a hospital bed for moons.. plum nuts that what it was. oh and we had a conga line going in our room too got all the nurses to join in, put a club closes at 9 on the door and well.. sometimes life is so unfunny you have to learn how to smile inspite of it. Lesson of the day: dont get stuck for any period of time with me in a small room with no other means of entertainment. It cant be good for your sanity.

ok 2:30 sleep sleep where are you? night AGAIN.

Fraew 08-26-2012 06:34 AM

F8s received from:
CharlotteMarie
joanelizbay
urgodschild2

Thank you!

missgigglewings 08-26-2012 07:09 AM

Nexxus...that is one cool block...keep the pattern in mind when you do my F8! I love what you did!