Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-diamonds-group-t197895.html)

Annaquilts 08-28-2012 05:54 AM

Moonrise, I love the antique Patriotic Ohio Star block you made. It is perfect. Sofar it is the first one fully grown enroute that I am aware of. You are amazing in how fast you are. Thank you for the beautiful block!

Yosamitesa 08-28-2012 06:20 AM

Received yesterday (8/27/12)
F8's
NanaKathy55
Sustraley
OK Darla
Linda58
Finished BlockFraew

QuilterMomma 08-28-2012 06:46 AM

Finally, got a few minutes to go thru blocks. Got bindings on two quilts last night, sewed up tablerunner this am, and a pot holder, I am going to make my 10 this month you wait and see, I will do it even if I have to stay up till midnight or so on Thursday and Friday or just no sleep, by cracky I am going to do it. I am assembling another table runner that I started from teaching a class, making a couple of pincushions with the same fabric that I cut up, then I cut another one (you think enough examples for class project, 5 of them?) so will get that one done as well, then onto more longarm quilting. Am posting in the UFOs the one I just did, it is awesome for sure.

F8s received over last few days:
Abby's Mom,
CharlotteMarie,
Chewboo,
Fraew,
girlscouts1,
goldendog55,
jaba (with chocolate),
joanelizbay,
Linda58,
ljdugas31,
missgigglewings,
NanaKathy55,
Nexxus831,
OK Darla,
Rosesue,
savannahrandons,
sheriR,
TheMamaHauser,
TwinRiverFarm,
urgodschild2,

Grownups home and confirmed:
Moonrise
Marytoddliz
Yosamitsea

14 more f8ths to receive

6 more to confirm they received mine

There, done counting. I have shopped fabric from stash and all set up to get sewing on, now for some time. Going to be a few days girls, have to hit that 10 for the month first. Yep, my UFOS are my quilt life priority.

charlottemarie 08-28-2012 06:53 AM

Moonrise, Those beautiful birds in your fabric just are too beautiful for words. They make any block look wonderful! Wish I had found that fabric.
Charlottemarie

jaba 08-28-2012 07:04 AM

Big weekend

3 Attachment(s)
Okay here's some pics for you, couldn't get the ones from the photographer to load but here's some that were taken with my camera[ATTACH=CONFIG]358535[/ATTACH]This is the 5 generations, my Dad, me and baby Zaita, granddaughter Lacie and son Greg.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]358537[/ATTACH]Greg's family, Lacie and Zaita, my Dad, granddaughter Tiffanie, stepson Gabe, wife Julie and Greg.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]358538[/ATTACH]Other son Mike's family, daughter Monica, granddaughter Leah, my Dad, wife Shelly, son in law Mark and Mike.
Wish I could show you a pic with us all in one but it won't let me upload.
No one was game for those big spud's, wanted smaller so they had room for ribeyes and cheesecake. Great weekend!

TheMamaHauser 08-28-2012 07:38 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I got a few blocks in the mail in the last few days:

From Jaba:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]358562[/ATTACH]

From Moonrise:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]358563[/ATTACH]

From TwinRiverFarm:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]358564[/ATTACH]

I love them all!

joanelizbay 08-28-2012 08:04 AM

I have a question and Im SURE Ill get an answer from you experts! My daughter in law wants me to put a label on each quilt that I have made. So far its 3 grandkids and 2 for them. I cant find any pre-printed labels anywhere around here.
Does anyone know where I can get a label or the easiest way to put a label with my name on it to the back of the quilt?
Thanks!

jaba 08-28-2012 08:28 AM

I hardly ever use pre printed labels. Just cut a piece of fabric, I use something I used on the front, as big or small as you want like 3x5 turn each edge under 1/4" iron and write on the front. I always give a quilt a name, like "grandma's angel" or whatever. Then you can write made for ---- from Grandma Liz and put the month and year on it. I iron again after I'm sure the ink is dry to set it and then sew it on the back of each quilt.

nancia 08-28-2012 08:30 AM

you will get lots of answers i'm sure! to me, easiest is to write on fabric with a prisma color pen. if you have an embroidery machine, or can do alpha on your s.m. that would be next easiest, to embroider on fabric and hand stitch it on.

Yosamitesa 08-28-2012 09:31 AM

I also received a completed block from TwinRiverFarm