Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-diamonds-group-t197895.html)

goldendog55 08-28-2012 07:53 PM

swap update

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my update:

Since last post, I've received the following f8s:AnnaQuilts, Chewboo, girlscouts1, joanelizbay, Linda58, NanaKathy55, savannarandon, SheriR, yosamitesa and urgodschild2.

I've made and sent blocks to: Roseysue, CharlotteMarie, and TwinRiverFarm.

I received a very nice block from moonrise today. Thank you !

marytoddliz 08-28-2012 07:53 PM

I did not received any squishes today but sending a whole bunch home, going to post pic soon. I have a few I am setting on till I get to town to buy fabric, maybe this Saturday!!! The rest are headed home.

Now on to cutting some "Candy" 2.5 squares. I have the hugest bag full of 2.5 squares I could almost make a Queen sized quilt... Not saying I would, but... I might!

Have a great one ladies! I look for more squishes tomorrow!

marytoddliz 08-28-2012 07:56 PM

I love your quilt~ It is so cool!

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 5475475)
Anna I think the fabric of the generals was by Windham Fabrics. I purchased it from Ebay. Had two of each but a friend begged me for a set so I gave it to her! :) My daughter in law wants the quilt when Im done but Ive grown kind of attached to it. Still have to put the grey flag material on the sides and maybe a solid color border around the outside. Im thinking Im going to hand quilt it to make it more "beleiveable" but machine quilting would sure go faster! I only have 3 to hand quilt...ugh. I have several patterns from Windham with Civil War theme so Ill try to pick a good one for your block! The only bad part is I LOVE all the reproduction material I have and its hard to pick out a color!

Nexxus831 08-28-2012 08:20 PM

I received F8th from annaquilts and my block back from Moonrise. I had fun and made my block for Moonrise and then made my first block for Yosamitesa but made a major boo boo in my cutting so had to cut more so I ended up making two blocks for you. The second one is just under 12.5 inches so if you don't use it in your block I will not be heartbroken. I pulled fabrics for three more blocks tomorrow and will pick out the blocks tonight. This is so much fun.

marytoddliz 08-28-2012 08:35 PM

OK I just finished uploading pictures to my album, but there are some missing, I thought I was very careful and took all pictures but I have about 7 pictures missing. I am so sorry! So when you get your block can you please send me a picture if your picture is not in my album.

Blocks have been sent to[TABLE="width: 116"]
<colgroup><col></colgroup><tbody>[TR]
[TD]TwinRiverFarm[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]TheMamaHauser[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]savannahrandons[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Fraew[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]missgigglewings[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Abby's Mom[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Chewboo[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]CharlotteMarie[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]goldendog55[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Nexxus831[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]joanelizbay[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]urgodschild2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]NanaKathy55[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

OK since I am done I am taking a break and going to watch a movie with my hunny~ Happy sewing~

marytoddliz 08-28-2012 08:55 PM

list of F8's not received: Roseysue, Mosher92, areinn, Lv2sew2011, marcialee, 1000projects, Nancia, scrapper, daisey, oldcatlady, PinkLotus

Not complaining, just reporting just in case you sent and I have not received!

[TABLE="width: 116"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Linda58 08-28-2012 09:46 PM

Update: 8/29/2012 received 11 fabrics today
Quiltermomma
Jonelizbay
CharlotteMarie
Chewboo
Abby’s Mom
Girlscouts1
Fraew
Nexxus831
SheriR
NanaKathy55
Anna Quilts
I now have a total of 20 fabrics.

SheriR 08-28-2012 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5452593)
NO LEGS I dont like the legs

I'm scanning the thread and saw your bug story again and HAD to share this. My six year old grandson was helping his daddy catch grasshoppers this past weekend and feed them to our spoiled chickens. He came in the house with a handful of GRASSHOPPER LEGS! His collection.... OMGOSH. We put them in a Baggie to keep them SAFE and had to keep THAT hidden from the chickens... I'm the worst grandma ever because they've gone to visit the Alaska grandma(I'm the Texas Gma) and I found his Baggie of grasshopper legs and chucked it! Papa says he'll get him more grasshopper legs if he misses the old ones...

Nexxus831 08-28-2012 10:30 PM

Ok so I spent time shopping in my stash and figuring out patterns. The following ones have been fabric matched and patterns picked out. Tomorrow it will be cutting and sewing in this order:
Goldendogg55
Missgiggles x 2
Fraew
Anastasia
Sapdoggie
RoseySue.

I am also doing them in order that I received the fabrics in. It is fun finding for new patterns that I have never tried before

joanelizbay 08-29-2012 03:51 AM

Thanks Anna! If you see any colors in that picture that you really like let me know and Ill use it in your block! I have quite a bit of it left over! Hope you find the panels if you want to use them. The Civil War has always been a fascination for me..wish I had the furniture and house to really show off the quilt! :)