Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-diamonds-group-t197895.html)

Elisabrat 09-07-2012 07:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I think key word here I am missing fabric from the following, if you have sent it please describe it and I will go search through the receivables again: thanks sometimes even I the magnificent (non rememberer) forget a few things.

fabric needed: 1000 projects, areinn, linda58, marcialee: (marcia S in NH), and nancia.

received today a cardinal fabric from daisey if I didnt post that earlier. Here are the photos of the blocks received in today from fraew the honeycomb one and from Abbys Mom with yellow and blue in it.. thanks again ladies ..

Fraew 09-07-2012 08:27 PM

Playing catch up with posting of photos...

5 Attachment(s)
Fabulous blocks received earlier this week (that I couldn't post) from linda58 (1), jaba (2 and 3), goldendog55 (4) and urgodschild2 (5). Thanks again. :)

Nexxus831 09-07-2012 08:38 PM

Hi Ladies,

I feel awful I haven't touched a block in a week and probably won't until midway next week. I am trying to get a baby blanket done. Please forgive me.

I got a squishy from Daisey today and got an adult block from Goldendog55.

Missing: 1000projects
areinn
marcialee
lv2sew

Fraew 09-07-2012 08:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
daisey's F8 arrived today.

And 2 more blocks! Woo hoo! AnnaQuilts (1) selected a yummy red and white print that she is going to have to PM me the details for. I definately need more of that! Thank you.

joanelizbay made a block for marytoddliz...that I watched and drooled over. And then I drooled and watched over. I desperately wanted to ask her to make the block for me...but I followed the rules and didn't say a word. GUESS WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL TODAY? Go on, guess. She made the "rock star" version of the block for me! Yes she did. And guess what...I love it! Thank you for reading my mind joanelizbay! Big toothy smiley face.

nancia 09-07-2012 11:14 PM

i have sent f8's to everyone except lovingizabella and pinklotus. they should go out tomorrow. elizabrat i sent you a pet parlor fabric. i do not have my list in hand, but will post later.
fraew= those are great blocks!!

marytoddliz 09-07-2012 11:34 PM

Linda, that cat is the top! I love it~ is it male? My Bella Cat is regal like that. Fraew, I love your blocks you are going to have an awesome quilt. I love black and white and Red, but when you add that touch of grey it really zings.

Kelly I totally agree with you, technology has to continue to improve because we continue to expand, I just remember when things used to last for ever! And I agree getting a new computer every few years is a given, just like a phone and... well most things, but being on limited funds, and with the memory from days gone by it just some how doesn't quite balance any more. It is the part of getting older that is harder to balance in my head each year. But honestly I get excited for the kids growing up today they have endless amounts of possibilities ahead of them. Things that only happened on Star Trek when I was a kid. I think of how it was for women of the historical past, sewing everything by hand! I imagine there were those who did not want that new fangled thing in their house (sewing machine) Yes a lot has changed and it is getting better if you look just at the technology in the sewing industry.

I do believe the glass is half full and filling up, so I am glad you called me on whining about my old camera! Heck the one I had before it I had to spend a lot of money for film... Most young kids would say, "what is film!"

And Linda, I have only finished the ones that I have received :p... and only then because I am OCD, I can't let it sit, it has to get done! I am amazed at your growing pile of blocks with all you have to deal with. I think you are doing awesome! I love that hexagon block, wow somebody has great talent! (sorry I could not remember who it was that made it, but big Kudos!)

I just finished Cuppy's block, I think it is the other group... OK off to bed for me~

Happy Weekend~

Elisabrat 09-08-2012 04:50 AM

i absolutely love the blocks posted.. its so darned fun. Fraew I am with you that fabric is really pretty, what a super blender that is. And Marybeth, you werent whinning stop it. You were stating a fact. Things don't last long and sometimes we do get sick of paying for something it seems we JUST BOUGHT especially if its not a high priority you had in mind. And worse yet an expensive optional item. So Kelly absoutely everything is obsolete in a very short period time that doesnt mean we have to like it :) I for one wish it would slow on down a bit this advancement in so many things. I can not keep up at all yipers.

The kitten is a little boy and he has no name at all.. right now I call him baby kitty and he trots on over.. I will give it time something will come to me. He is so cute. Just ask my other three cats.. cute.. yup that is what they are thinking.. one keep looking at him like he is the next meal, one is scared to death of him and the other sniffs and zooms off.. getting there its only been half a day. kittys gosh I love kitties which mean I have to go look for nancia pet parlor fabric.. maybe I had better look at the blocks she has gotten so I know what pet parlor looks like :)

joanelizbay 09-08-2012 04:56 AM

Ahhhh you should have asked! I like it because it looks like its paper pieced (which I cant do) but its really an easy block to do. Glad you liked it!!

Elisabrat 09-08-2012 05:11 AM

RANDOM QUESTION OF THE DAY: What is the new fabric style/trend in quilting for the next up coming year? what is it trending towards? curiosity makes me ask.. you know some years are all about teal and purple some are bold patterns bright colors.. so what is 2013 looking to be in the quilting world ? fashion comes out with their list does the fabric industry post something like this too? nice to keep up with the times. I am a million miles behind be cool to be cool for once :)

TheMamaHauser 09-08-2012 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5499254)
RANDOM QUESTION OF THE DAY: What is the

This current year, it's Tangerine. I *think* the color people announce it late fall/early winter? I can't remember the name of the company or group that decides - I generally see it in Martha Stewart mag & Real Living mags. Also, I think I saw it on her show this year (but it got cancelled so I'm not sure they are making new ones anymore?)