Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-rubies-group-t197897.html)

LovingIzabella 09-07-2012 05:42 AM

Jan, I am mailing the side swap today. I have gotten a little behind between my IH getting worse again and Izabella running an almost 105 temperature :(
I am also mailing home blocks today to all of those in my album and previously mentioned :)
Linda, thanks so much for the concern...if you could find a way to get rid of this pain in my head permanently I would be ever so grateful lol I have an appointment on Monday with my neurosurgeon because the pain is just getting worse and worse and my lower back feels like it is on fire & numb again :( Last time this meant a revision, we shall see what it means this time.
I received my second grown up block and it is from NYGal and it is beautiful! I love the colors you used with it. I will get a picture of it and post it this weekend.
I am trying to make sure I am more attentive to you all..I hate not chatting but being on the computer too long truly aggravates my head. I have even gotten to the point where I wear sunglasses almost all the time and they have removed the florescent lights from my office at work...one day at a time right?
You are all doing such a fabulous job on the swap and I am proud to know you all.
Hugs
April

jaba 09-07-2012 05:48 AM

sounds good. I love this peacock fabric...it just booms! Hope you and Isabella start feeling better soon. I'm sure you're miserable wish I could do something for you, but you both are in my thoughts. Sending well wishes to you ok?

charlottemarie 09-07-2012 10:37 AM

Ditto here too April. So sad that you are not feeling well. I will definitely pray for you and Isabella to get past all this. We all love you guys and understand if you are not able to post. Will be praying for a cure for you two. Let us know what if anything we could do to help you. Hugs and prayers coming your way.
Charlottemarie

DogHouseMom 09-07-2012 10:37 AM

Here's wishing for better days for April and Izzy.

Anastasia 09-07-2012 12:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got a block today yippe yippe yippee.. neener neener neener.. Thanks Jaba! :) I do love the colors
[ATTACH=CONFIG]361045[/ATTACH]

Elisabrat 09-07-2012 02:53 PM

THE NEENER NEENER DANCE? Hope you liked the showwooo ooo? that dance? well called for in this case that is a pretty block indeed.

alright I stalled enough I received fabric from Daisy but in diamonds and also two blocks also in diamonds so no new pics to post here but lots to peak at in my albums. Sending, receiving I have trouble keeping up with me sometimes.

oh I have to tell you strange things happen here. Today while shopping a little kitten accidentally jumped in this box and accidentally got in my car and accidentally walked (while in the box mind you) up those stairs and is now accidentally sleeping on the couch. That is my story and I am sticking to it. Oh he is so cute. this one.. is MINE. my cats however think these accidents have to stop yesterday. Kinda like men, I cant hear you la la la la la.. actually my man said oh.. ok? when I told him about the crazy accidents. Love that guy.

NOTE: Jaba, sure you wont marry me? you will have enough canned food to feed an army! I bought a meazly four clam shells of strawberries today to make jam while they are still sweet. Jalepeno is next then one or two batchs of peach spiced jam.. that is like nada next to you. Wowsa. someone sold cinnamon red hot jelly recently at our craft fair. Never seen it, any good? seems easy enough to try but a waste of sugar if its not good and time you know?

if jaba did not post her veggies here she should show you what she has grown this year. Larger than a truck potatos, dinner table size bell peppers you HAVE TO SEE THEM TO BELIEVE THEM..

travelinggramma 09-07-2012 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wahoo - I got mail! I put all of them along with those I had already received and you can see that they are all such great designs!
top row - my playing, buddy's mom
middle row: jaba, NYGal, Elisabrat
Bottom row: Phannie, moonwork, DogHouseMom
Fell off wall: Anastasia!!
thank you all I love them all!

jaba 09-07-2012 03:57 PM

update today

4 Attachment(s)
Elisabrat you are so funny, I'd marry you in a heart beat! You are a truly wonderful person, I can just tell by talking with you, I love you and your spirit!!!
Got 7 more qts. of stewed tomatoes done last night, cleaned a quart of strawberries and put them in the freezer and finished the customers baby quilt. This morning started my marathon sewing day yippee!!!
Sent home today finished blocks to loving isabella, nanakathy55, nygal, annaquilts, scrapper, and pinklotus. And the baby quilt. They are headed home to you all.
Received in the mail the most fantastic blocks from roseysue, moonwork42029, and chewboo. I can't thank you all enough for the work you've put into these blocks. I'm going to have an amazing quilt and some beautiful placemats and table runners. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.
From roseysue- diamonds[ATTACH=CONFIG]361101[/ATTACH]
From moonwork42029[ATTACH=CONFIG]361103[/ATTACH]
From chewboo- diamonds[ATTACH=CONFIG]361106[/ATTACH]
And finally I'll show you the baby quilt[ATTACH=CONFIG]361107[/ATTACH]
I'm seeing light under those envelopes, I have 8 left to go. I'm only missing F8's from ctmhjenn in rubies and 5 others from the diamonds. It's a wonderful day and I feel soooo much better than I'm about caught up on all of these. Looking forward to receiving more blocks back.

travelinggramma 09-07-2012 04:19 PM

Jaba - your quilt is beautiful. I love purples and lilacs and lately no one else wants those colors!!

Anastasia 09-07-2012 10:17 PM

I love purples! give it to meeee..

Elisabrat.. I had that SAME situation happen with my little fabric keeper-downer. I went to my mom's house and this little kitten jumped into my pocket, and then well, hopped into my truck, and walked into my house and also fell asleep on the couch! my fatso, who was also of a similar situation, he jumped into my mom's pocket, hopped into my brother's truck, and walked into my house, but he went to sleep on the bed instead.. he wasn't quite so sure that he would like a new baby sister but he LOVES her now and if he goes more than.. oh 30 minutes without interacting with her he starts walking around the house meowing for her to come out. She does the same thing. Ever since she came he has stopped his neurotic hair pulling, and attacking me. I was seriously pondering getting him therapy for his anger issues. Apparently he was angry that his other siblings didn't also hop into my mom's pocket when he did and he needed a sibling.

Anyhoot. Uhm.. so I've been kidnapped for 2 days.. which is incredibly draining.. Interacting with humans.. *shudder* I've had my fill for the month.. at least I got to oggle men in dress military uniform... rwar. and had delicious prime rib, for free. So I guess that makes up for the having to TALK to people. But I did meet a lady that is a part of a knitting club that's nearby so I guess I might actually learn to knit instead of just making messes on a needle.

I did get the fabric I needed to finish the block with the puzzle piece fabric.. did I already say that? I feel like I mentioned that before. Anyhoot. Should go to bed, have homework due tomorrow so should get up sometime before 1pm maybe.