Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-9-0-pacific-o-group-thread-t212377.html)

quiltingmommy 02-21-2013 09:13 PM

When in short supply try a 4-patch or 9 patch design. You could easily get 4--4.5" blocks out of that material. Pair it with 5 other blocks of different colors and you have a nine-patch-try a shoo-fly design. You have more flexibility with a 4-patch design as each block would be 3.5". Try Arrowhead puzzle on quilterscache.com

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 (Post 5878847)
Trying to figure out how to make a block when the person only sent me a 10 X 15 inch material. Not 11 X 18 or 9 X 22 but 10 X 15. I keep coming up short on all the patterns I have selected so I think that I will have to make up my own pattern so that I can make it fit. This one really has me stumped.

goldendog55 02-21-2013 10:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Please PM me if I was the one who shorted people's F8s. I don't think so, but would like to know if I did.

I received my first block today from Lestrong. Isn't it beautiful? Thank you!

cuppy 02-22-2013 12:38 AM

I am now missing 8 F8 from lovnggrandma-mosher92-tracibug-travelinggrandma-babyfire04-dottiedodge-girlscouts-jaydee. Just checking to see when you will be mailing ,please let me know if they have recently been mailed.Thanks , and looking forward to getting your fabric.

Elisabrat 02-22-2013 06:00 AM

moonwork I am shooting for four a week. I don't seem to have the energy to do more. I am working on a full quilt with a deadline, four tablerunners, and now a forgotten seasonal thingy for my daughter (how did I blow that one?..memory blip) and only 9 blocks done so far. soon as the runners get out of the house.. these things will be flying home. did them in 6 weeks last time. not so fast this round I am thinking but surely well before the finish timeline. today is slam bam sewing finish work. I am not so much into the finish stuff. Love making blocks! hate quilting quilts. even little ones.

Dear Dad: I loved your picture. I think your absolutely adorable and I could just grab you and take you home! I haven't had a father since I was 18. I think I could use a dose of "dad" time. Please?? Can I adopt you? Sincerely, your not bratty soon to be daughter (You guys tell him and I will get sooo mad at you!).

joanelizbay 02-22-2013 12:40 PM

babyfire got your beautiful heart block today! Wow its sure pretty! You should have put your F8 in with it and saved yourself some money! :) Got the F8 from Japan and it is such a danity beautiful fabric! Thanks...Ill try to do something good with it! Ill post babyfires block in a bit!

roseirish48 02-22-2013 01:21 PM

finished Variation of Puss in he Corner for Oldcatlady. rec'd a block from themamahauser and from goldendog. Posted pics in albums on profile page

jaba 02-22-2013 03:47 PM

navarre2011 sent your block home today. Got a F8 from babyfire04, will probably sew it tomorrow and get it in the mail back to you. This is the only one I have to sew.

Phannie1 02-22-2013 03:48 PM

Babyfire got your fat8th. Let's begin the weekend!

Nexxus831 02-22-2013 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5879826)

Dear Dad: I loved your picture. I think your absolutely adorable and I could just grab you and take you home! I haven't had a father since I was 18. I think I could use a dose of "dad" time. Please?? Can I adopt you? Sincerely, your not bratty soon to be daughter (You guys tell him and I will get sooo mad at you!).

Brat,
Wow no father since 18, I can't imagine. As much as my father and I bicker when we are together I can't imagine my life without him. My folks will be married 45 years in June. My mother is one of my best friends but my father...just can't imagine it. He has an illness that is very hard on his body. He got sick with a virus in his early 30's that caused him to have to medically retire in his early 50's. I never take for granted a day I spend with either one of them. I won't tell her dad your really a brat...hehehehehe

Elisabrat 02-22-2013 05:14 PM

Nexxus thank you so much for keeping an in-house secret :) Yeah I missed a whole lifetime with him. There are many a silent conversations I have had with him since then. See when I was a tiny one we would take turns sitting on his lap and he would tell us stories. Of Plato, of Socrates, of Helen of Troy.. you know the kind of stories most dads tell their little ones lol. He was a good man. I was fortunate my mom made it til she was 91 yrs old and I only lost her 1.5 yrs ago. She had so much to offer too. I am praying I can live long enough for my grandchildren to remember me too. Just have to get those kids married and popping out babies! (sigh they say not for a few years yet..I hear the clock a ticken')

So today I received a fun block from Roseirish. Fashionista Pumpkin came home. The sunglasses are unreal. I think I know where Anastasia got her creative talent. thank you for creating this little vision. I try not to tell her so she doesnt get a fat head. (the pumpkin not your daughter she deserves hers!) (wait til she hears I said that oh my).

I did not receive a single piece of f8 fabric however and I hadnt been to the postal for five days. For the stragglers where are you? I think you can put them in envelopes anytime and they would be welcomed with big smiles. anytime soon even! yahoo! need music? I can sing and play with the in house mariachi band! I was singing to myself this morning and doing a little morracca? spell check, motion with it all alone while waiting for the net to load. see I am able to multi task! so.. getting ready .. la cucha racha la cucha racha (spell check).. ya no puedo caminar.. la cucha racha (sing along you know you love it!).. see how easy it is to stuff your envelopes? yes it is! RoseIrish can you post on this section your fashionista block for all to see here? It takes a lifetime and four days it seems to get one to load from my house :( Gracias!!!