Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 9.0 SOUTHERN O Group Thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-9-0-southern-o-group-thread-t212380.html)

awilson 01-31-2013 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by ssnare (Post 5826735)
awilson, what kind of envelope did you use? I mailed 2 different finished blocks today , each was $.66. Did you wrap them in glad n press?

I used a letter size envelope. I put the fabric in baggies. Maybe that was it?

urgodschild2 01-31-2013 08:45 AM

Good Morning everyone. You all are going to be getting a child's print as I am making this for my 6 year old grandson Ozzie. I ran out of paper for the printer so I first have to go and get some more. Jjust waiting for the store to open.
Then off I will go. I will post a picture of the fabric as soon as i buy it. Oh did I tell you I had to go and get that too.

chewboo 01-31-2013 11:44 AM

well what a great group--I have my fabric washed--not ironed or cut--I am slow these day--as I am still recooping

ssnare 01-31-2013 12:26 PM

Don't use baggies on your return blocks or your f8s. They do make it cost more.

ssnare 01-31-2013 12:30 PM

chewboo, you are not any slower than I am. I got my fabric washed and some are cut. I got bit by a spider on my right wrist last month and my hand and arm were swollen, red streaks and very painful. I am right handed. It hurts to use my hand very much, so I am slower in sewing, cutting, etc. But we will plug along and we will still have fun.

Jannie 01-31-2013 02:37 PM

Ok, looks like I am the slow one. Won't have time until early next week to get mine in the mail. So it sounds like to wrap the F8 or block in plastic wrap to keep the postage cost down!

Jannie 01-31-2013 02:38 PM

DogHouseMom -- I know what to do with choice 3 & 4. If you send one of the black and white flowers, I will have to think about that one.

ssnare 01-31-2013 03:38 PM

You want to make the envelope as flat as you can. I found that I can get a tighter wrap with glad press and seal rather than saran wrap.

Phannie1 01-31-2013 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 5824069)
Ok ... I'm going to let Y'all choose what I send.

Option 1 - half of you will get white flowers on black, the other half black flowers on white. I'll ask for solids only with white, black or grey.

Option 2 - You will all get the same fabric. I'll ask for only the colors in the fabric - which is pretty limited - white, black, grey and brown.

Option 3 - yes I do have color in my stash :) All will get the same fabric ... any added fabric/color is fine as this has pretty much everything in it already. OK ... no browns.

So ... what would Y'all rather play with?? I honestly don't care!!

Tentatively planning on keeping this one as a guest quilt. The guest bedroom is light dove grey and tan so any/all of the above fabrics will work in it.

I like the black and white. I hope to have one someday.

ahwu 01-31-2013 03:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]392110[/ATTACH]
This is the fabric I picked. Hope you like it. I am going to make a quilt for my guest room. Finally washed and ironed (now I remembered why I don't wash my fabric anymore - I don't like ironing). Still have to cut. Looks like I will be mailing them out on Monday.