Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Besties Group-Besties Post Here (Those interested in Boom 5 please check page 108) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-besties-group-besties-post-here-those-interested-boom-5-please-check-page-108-a-t88100.html)

PokerDiva 01-08-2011 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
I finished the first block today. It's the only fabric I've recieved so far. Hope she likes it. It goes in the mail on Monday.

If she doesn't like it send it to me. You are going to make me look bad. That block is gorgous.

ksea 01-08-2011 11:10 AM

Hi all, my poor little mailbox was just bursting with squishies today. I told DH we might have to move out of this apartment and into a house so I can have a bigger mailbox!!

Squishies were from fryguymoore, janecat, moonrise, obsessed, pattis47, pokerdiva.

moonrise and janecat does it matter which fabric goes to which swap (buddies or besties)?

Beautiful fabric ladies!!

pattis47 01-08-2011 11:10 AM

It is nice to know the final destination of the block. That sounds like a wonderful group, I'm sure the children will love the quilt. I will send your block monday morning.

I went to the post office this morning and bought all the stamps to send out the completed blocks.

SURPRISE, SURPRISE, When I got back home my letter carrier was about 3 hours early delivering my mail, even in our snow. I received an envelope from DonnaDrum with a beautiful floral print inside, then I opened an envelope from vivnme c/o fryguymoore that contained the most wonderful rose/mauve batik, next in line was the electric bill (skipped opening that one) and went right to the last fabric envelope from twospoiledhuskies that contained a beautiful blue with petite floral vine pattern.

I want to finish these 4 blocks this weekend and mail monday morning.

I am also in the Oriental Block Swap and have been working on those for a week now... It won't be long before I send Deb my package.....she is sew much fun to work with.

Originally Posted by oatw13
Pattis - Aren't those frogs cute? They will eventually be a charity quilt, probably for a group called Margaret's Hope Chest. They are a great charity who work with prisoners to provide quilts to their children on birthdays and holidays. Any pattern is great. Bright, fun colors, I think. Whatever you make will be perfect!

Obsessed - I can't believe you got so many at once! You had a fun mail day today!

None for me today.... I guess I will work on my blocks for the Blocks from the Orient swap. Is anyone else doing that one?

bookworm 01-08-2011 11:12 AM

Just got a whole pile of squishies... Obsessed, I have the perfect fabric for you

maine ladybug 01-08-2011 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
PS Just a gentle reminder although we love to see pictures (and I know we do) Please do not post them before the recipient gets them in the mail-we all love the surprise of our blocks when they come home :-)
Hugs
April

Oh, so sorry. I guess I missed that part. Please forgive me...It won't happen again.

pattis47 01-08-2011 11:24 AM

Secret to quiet frogs......feed them flies! Worked for me.....Ribbitt, ribbitt, ribbitt, ribbitt, ribbitt, ribbitt, ribbitt,

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Oatw13 - those frogs are so cute and they won't stop croaking at me! They won't shut up! They know exactly what they want to be when they grow up...

pattis47 01-08-2011 11:27 AM

ribbitt, ribbitt, ribbitt, ribbitt, ribbitt, ribbitt, ribbitt, ribbitt, off to the cutting table

Jennifer22206 01-08-2011 11:39 AM

I received 2 squishys today from DonnaDrum and Two spoiled Huskies. I love the floral from DonnaDrum and the blue from TwoSpoiledHuskies. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but it'll be fun. :D

It's snowing like a mad thing right now, and I couldn't get the rest of my F8's out today. Hopefully Monday is better for me. :)

goldendog55 01-08-2011 11:43 AM

Remember-No Mail on Monday-Its a holiday!

maine ladybug 01-08-2011 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by goldendog55
Remember-No Mail on Monday-Its a holiday!

Do you mean Martin Luther King Day? That's the following Monday, the 17th on my calendar.