Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-1-0-sign-ups-closed-need-help-identifying-two-fabrics-09-27-10-a-t32780.html)

Bobbinwinder 02-14-2010 11:39 AM

Found that magazine online at shopquiltersvillage.com and ordered it...my drive expense/time and sales tax and compulsive extras shopping make the shippin' costs seem more than affordable...maybe that's the case for some of you too? Thanks for sharing the info about the magazine, I'm looking forward to seeing it!

BarbS 02-14-2010 03:29 PM

I have also been looking for this magazine for the last couple of weeks. Finally found it on a newsstand this afternoon!! Such a cool magazine!!

Gigix12 02-14-2010 03:39 PM

Mosher92 .. Thank you for your kind words....blocks will be mailed tomorrow. I am back on track again and finished two more blocks today, however, they were of easy, beginner instructions. I was trying to do a different block for each swapper but soon discovered that was out of my comfort level.

Happy quilting and swapping.

Hugs, Gigix12

granny216 02-14-2010 04:29 PM

gigix12 I know the feeling. I've been trying to make everyone a different block but time isn't always on my side. Sure miss going to QS's and spending money. Kids do most of the shopping now. I have been trying to search out the right pattern for everyone...sometimes I go crazy when things get hectic here. But that passes. There are real bad days, bad days and days that I can get a lot done with DH and people in and out. Have another block done to take to the PO and darn it, I forgot that tomorrow they will be closed.

purplemem 02-14-2010 05:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I received these 2 blocks Saturday:
One from BarbS
One from Gigix12

These blocks are soooooo pretty

Barbs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7692[/ATTACH]

gigix12
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7693[/ATTACH]

oatw13 02-14-2010 07:08 PM

I haven't been here in a few days and I must say I love, love, love to see all the pictures that everyone is posting! The blocks are great! I really enjoy seeing how everyone "interprets" the different fabrics. I am getting so many ideas and I keep seeing things I want to try!

Gigix12 - I have made a good number of my blocks and I think I have ripped something out of every single one! I have cut some wrong and improvised, too! But, I am learning a lot and getting more confident as I go. I think your block is really neat! I bet an entire quilt with that block would look incredible!

If I haven't already mentioned, I would love to be in on Swap 2.0. I don't have any fabric in mind yet, but I know I will find something!

I will be mailing out 5 or 6 more completed blocks this week.

Happy Valentine's & President's Day! :)

Gigix12 02-14-2010 08:03 PM

How similar the blocks were....great minds think alike I'd say.

Talk to you soon.

Hugs, Gigix12

Gigix12 02-14-2010 08:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I will attempt to post your block (s) now...I didn't like the first one I did and did a second...its a toss up. Just hope you like them.

Hugs, Gigi

KBunn 02-14-2010 09:12 PM

Cut, cut, cut....sew, sew, sew.....mutter, mutter....rip, rip, rip!! That was the theme for my day!! At the end of it purplemem, Wine Woman, and LovingIsabella your blocks are on their way home! I am definately learning so much from this swap.

BarbS 02-14-2010 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by KBunn
Cut, cut, cut....sew, sew, sew.....mutter, mutter....rip, rip, rip!! .

Cracks me up..........maybe cause it sounds soooooo familiar!!!