Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-1-0-sign-ups-closed-need-help-identifying-two-fabrics-09-27-10-a-t32780.html)

purplemem 01-13-2010 11:56 AM

I got 4 new squishies today!
kysmommy2
Nancy in LA
mgrhs
neoma

I haven't received or sent out any blocks yet, I think it's time for me to sew a little! :lol:

Wine Woman 01-13-2010 11:58 AM

Hello everyone I'm back! Had to take an in-law break for a few days. Unexpected of course! Mother-in-law eneded up in the hospital because my father-in-law is stressing her out! Would not let him do that to me. I stayed with him for two days and at 84 he hasn't worked that hard in a long time! He is perfectly capable and I didn't cater to him only helped! So she is fine and he now does things for himself. Mercy, mercy, mercy!!

Anyway back to quilting . . . sorry for the slow response to messages ladies. How I feel is that if you can use my scraps please do-if not nothing goes to waste in this field! I would gladly welcome them back if there is enough to use.

As too colors and other fabrics-it's entirely up to you. Please keep with the color skeem (spelling?) and if you would like to add please do. I didn't mean for only my two fabrics to be used that was for you to be creative with and to let you know
what other fabrics I was using.

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat and I know I'm going to enjoy all blocks created for me!

If I have overlooked anyone's question to me please pm me. There was no access to a computer so I scrolled through pages quickly. Also on Monday I received:
daylili4u, barbs, gigix12, odessaquilts, kysmommy2, blueribbontoes, purplemem, collettakay and

on Tuesday: mgrhs and madquilter will see what today brings. I can't wait! Happy sewing to all of you today . . .

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
I received a bunch of F8's today and I have some questions.

Barb S do you have any ideas on colors/ a look you are going for???

Cindy-Can we add our own purple, blue, green or orange?? Or do you want us to just use the two pieces you sent?

Anita-Do you want colors added to your black and white or do you want black & white only???

Off to plan for the rest of them..

kysmommy2 01-13-2010 12:27 PM

yay for colletta! My mail hasn't come yet...but I'm holding out hope! :) I've got fabric picked out to match with 3 or 4 of the fat eighths and I am hoping to get those blocks done tonight! ;)

BarbS 01-13-2010 01:48 PM

Still Squisheeless in Manitoba :(

I feel like a kid waiting for Santa LOL

KBunn 01-13-2010 01:58 PM

I got six squishies....my daughter just checked the mail and called!!!

kysmommy2 01-13-2010 01:59 PM

=( Barb I am pondering what fabric to out with yours....I am going to try to get yours on its way back to you asap.

Originally Posted by BarbS

I feel like a kid waiting for Santa LOL

blueribbontoes 01-13-2010 02:20 PM

I am sitting by the door waiting to hear the mail box (attached to the house) slam. No, I'm not impatient.

Haha!

Once I get fabric from Canada, I will do those first. :)

MadQuilter 01-13-2010 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by BarbS

I know at least one is on the way. :lol:

I pulled out the "It's OK if you sit on my quilt" book last night to see what might work for the fabrics.

LovingIzabella 01-13-2010 02:36 PM

I got 4 today woohooo and a finished block for Izzy (with an extra)from buddy'smom and some fabric just for Izabella from Joyce (OdessaQuilts) She was so thrilled to get her own mail and to open it. Her eyes were huge when she saw the fabric and the block. She was like this is for me? It was so cute. She asked who it was from and told me to say "Thank you Joyce-my very own fabric to make whatever I want!"
I received F8s from Mad, Mgrhs, Sara & Mary.
Cindy I am very sorry to hear about your MIL-hope she is feeling 100% real soon.
BarbS so sorry you are squishieless :-( But I do know you have at least a few on the way!

Now for those who have asked about the potential for the next one I have a lot of thoughts going and will toss them out there as the swap goes on :-)
Hugs
April

blueribbontoes 01-13-2010 02:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got my first block today from Mona! Isn't it lovely? Thank you Mona!