Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MEROPE Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-10-0-merope-group-t225490.html)

oma7 07-13-2013 07:29 AM

Hi all!Its nice to see some old faces and also some new ones! I haven't picked out my fabric yet, but when I do I'll get it to you. I have to figute out what I'm doing this time! I think I'll be doing some boys fabric this time, and than I'll sent the quilt or quilts depending, to the childrens hospital! Looking foward to working and your blocks and seeing what I can creat this time!

ljdugas31 07-13-2013 07:14 PM

Rec'd f8s from Travelinggramma today!!

Nelco 07-13-2013 09:20 PM

Squishes today from travelinggramma, and shadowirish. I will try to get mine out in a couple of weeks.

urgodschild2 07-14-2013 08:06 AM

I got my squishi fromTraveling gramma on Friday. Was busy and couldn't post. Now the fun begins. I will have to wait until I return from vacation in a week to start on then but I know when I come back that I will h ave lots more to look at.

Marich52 07-14-2013 08:58 AM

Received the F8 from travelinggramma.....love the colors! It has begun!

queenof2802 07-14-2013 09:11 AM

Helloooo! Sorry I have not posted yet here. I have been battling an upper respiratory infection. Spent several days in the hospital over the past 2 weeks. Home now :)

I did receive from travelinggramma. In the process of labeling my envelopes. Hope to be postal Monday.

Nelco 07-14-2013 09:42 PM

sorry to here your are ill queen. I have also been battling a summer cold. I do believe I am getting better just wish the darn cough would get done.

sisastitcher 07-15-2013 07:53 AM

Hello All,
I got home last night from a 1/2 week away at a friends cottage, and I had three squishy's waiting for me!!! Yippee! How exciting! This is my first swap and I am loving it already!!
I received squishy's from: Travelinggramma, Shadowirish, and from someone who did not put her board name on the outside of the envelope. Someone from North Attleboro, MA. I haven't opened it yet, as I am following advice/suggestions posted on the board from people who have done these swaps before. I am opening and doing them in the order I receive them. So far anyway. I've only opened Travelinggramma, as I received hers first, but it's gonna be hard not to open the others! I keep hearing these little, teeny-tiny voices, 'open me, open me'. Don't worry, I'm not answering them, but I may end up opening them, just for a peek! Lol!
I was productive while I was gone, and got my Fat 8's cut and pressed and ready for the envelopes. I just have to make my notes, and address and stamp the the envelopes!
Oh, I am using a variety of fabric from the 'Whimsicals' and 'Button and Blooms' collections from Red Rooster. I just love the fabrics and have had them for a year or longer. I decided the fabric fondling needed to come to an end, so this swap seemed like the perfect 'next step' in our relationship! : )
Hugs,
Shelley : )

oma7 07-15-2013 09:42 AM

Just a little catch up! Recieved fabric from dotcomdicm, ljdugas, qltnrt, Shadowirish, travelinggramma and urgodchild2. Fabrics all look good, need to get my mind working to figure out what to do. I have no peoblem with what colors to use from your suggestions, but the kind of block to make bothers me. I will do as asked, but your not suppose to tell us what block to make, thats up to us. Just had to say how I felt. Sorry

dotcomdtcm 07-15-2013 11:10 AM

I like to choose a simple block like d4p and make it several times, in different fabrics for different swappers.
I learn a lot that way! I am Surrogate Mother of the Bride this Saturday and MOB next Saturday! Then I will work on this Boom. xoxo Dotty