Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-10-0-signups-now-closed-t222880.html)

ArizonaKAT 06-28-2013 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 6148429)
These are the two fabrics I am going to use for Boom 10. The Pooh Bear is for my 2 year old great grandson and the Red Riding Hood is for my 5 year old great granddaughter...hopefully for Christmas! Just found out theres going to be another ggrandkid in October but not sure what it will be yet. Off to go camping for the weekend..hope its going to cool off here in Mo like they say it is!

Oh no! Little faces to cut through :-(

createfourpaws 06-28-2013 02:03 PM

I may choose a big variety of fabric and do a scrappy theme. I have lots of orphan FQ's that I could use. Also thinking about a fall theme.

Janice McC 06-28-2013 05:56 PM

AZKat, Gee, I never had to do that, don't think I'll like it much either! :(

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT (Post 6148915)
Oh no! Little faces to cut through :-(

travelinggramma 06-28-2013 07:37 PM

AZKAT - don't worry that we don't have specific holiday fab. Since you are sending the holiday fabric we could always use the colors in it (lotsa green for St Pat) or ....go shopping :)
Glad you all are posting fabric as tomorrow a shopping I must go. The Second time around fabric/craft store is having a sale. They only sell quilt store quality and their norm price is $5 per yard - and with a sale.....well I will let you know!

urgodschild2 06-28-2013 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
my friends and I spent last weekend and today to do the Southern Cal Quilt run. Each shop gave us a fat quarter of Moda's fabric. I foeget the name of the line.....lol. 26 shops in all. I thank you for all of them. I now have lots of solid colors in the rainbows. Hmmmmmmmm....no white but that is ok because I have that covered. I want all those in the other states that it is hot here too. Must be a heat wave. It was going to be 110+ out in the desert so we went early this morning. Phew. Missed all the traffic too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]421648[/ATTACH]

sunrise450 06-29-2013 05:15 AM

Urgodschild, Your FQ's are beautiful! Your photo reminded me that I have to organize my solid fabric. While I am a white on white person mostly, I realize that there are those that prefer the solid colors. I'm going to have to learn to use them and I think that is good.

jclinganrey 06-29-2013 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by tubsfam (Post 6145354)
ok girls, I hate math and before I mess this up need your help. Joined a small group and will cut the 18 x 11 size how much material do I need to have?

first timer here, Marie

------------
Small group = 15 people which is one F8 short of 2 yds. So get 2 yds and you'll have one extra F8. Hope that helps.

Jane

jaba 06-29-2013 09:32 AM

3 yards is better, just in case. If you decide to make your quilt a little bigger or want to use some of your fabric for a border you won't have it with 2 yards.

dotcomdtcm 06-29-2013 01:45 PM

I am guessing this will end around Dec 1. Is that correct?

Jupiter 06-29-2013 03:03 PM

That is a lot of great 'loot' from your shop hop. Very nice!

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 (Post 6149383)
my friends and I spent last weekend and today to do the Southern Cal Quilt run. Each shop gave us a fat quarter of Moda's fabric. I foeget the name of the line.....lol. 26 shops in all. I thank you for all of them. I now have lots of solid colors in the rainbows. Hmmmmmmmm....no white but that is ok because I have that covered. I want all those in the other states that it is hot here too. Must be a heat wave. It was going to be 110+ out in the desert so we went early this morning. Phew. Missed all the traffic too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]421648[/ATTACH]