Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-10-0-signups-now-closed-t222880.html)

Libster 06-08-2013 12:48 PM

I would like to try this. It sounds like lots of fun. My email has been sent for 1 small group.

jaba 06-08-2013 02:31 PM

If it is by the foot, a 6 x 6 (72"x 72") it would be $72.00 to quilt it. Reasonable , don't think you will find it any cheaper. There is time involved, loading to the quilt table, 3 layers, and then taking it all off, thread, which good quilting thread is not cheap. Then you need to figure shipping to the quilter and then back to you. I am assuming you are furnishing the backing and the batting. In my opinion, you have a very good deal.

alikat110 06-08-2013 03:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, thought I'd go ahead and select fabrics for this swap. I feel like working on floral quilts for the charity....what do you guys think? Depending on group/groups I get placed in will determine what all get sent out.

ljdugas31 06-08-2013 06:20 PM

NICE I love flowers too!!

buddy'smom 06-09-2013 03:29 AM

Well all my blocks are done, my last one was mailed on Friday. I'm sitting this one out, all you gals have fun and enjoy the swap.April your amazing but to me you always have been. You keep on no matter what. Love you bunches . Mom

awilson 06-09-2013 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by awilson (Post 6109636)
I just took my finished top from 9 to the long arm quilter today! I am so excited to get it back. I am new to quilting but my local quilt shop charges .02 per sq ft. for long arm services. Does anyone know a place where I could send it for cheaper? I've looked in my area and there really isn't much.
Also, you guys will be so proud of me:) I bought my fabric for one set of the 10.0 today, cut it and put it in ready to address envelopes. All I need are addres[ATTACH=CONFIG]417779[/ATTACH]ses. So excited!

It looks like I made a mistake. They charge. 02 per square inch. I thought it was expensive because after threat and batting its going to cost me almost 200 to get it quilted. I picked the simplest design. I am newer to quilting so this may be the average price?

awilson 06-09-2013 07:59 AM

Alikat, I love all the flowers! Can't wait to see it in person:)

lovngrandma 06-09-2013 11:55 AM

well i forgot to say i will be in either 2 small ones are one big one, this one is almost finished,

joanelizbay 06-09-2013 12:17 PM

AWilson, wish you lived in Missouri! I found a husband wife couple that will provide the batting and machine quilt it for $80 for a queen size. If you want her to bind it she charges $15..all you have to provide is the top and the backing.
Ive used them 4 times already and have NO complaints..and I can have it picked up so doesnt cost me any shipping!
They enjoy doing it since they are both retired. I lucked out! :)

Nexxus831 06-09-2013 03:18 PM

My mother is the same way she is retired and just loves doing the quilting. She only charges 0.01 sq in and if you don't provide the batting she just charges cost. She does not charge for thread. She usually doesn't do binding but I am sure she would for a reasonable price. She lives in Albany Oregon. I am going down there next week and see if she can teach me how to use it. LOL wish me luck.

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 6112939)
AWilson, wish you lived in Missouri! I found a husband wife couple that will provide the batting and machine quilt it for $80 for a queen size. If you want her to bind it she charges $15..all you have to provide is the top and the backing.
Ive used them 4 times already and have NO complaints..and I can have it picked up so doesnt cost me any shipping!
They enjoy doing it since they are both retired. I lucked out! :)