Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 7.0 Now Closed for Sign-ups!!Mailing deadline is July 15, (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-7-0-now-closed-sign-ups-mailing-deadline-july-15-a-t180039.html)

Yosamitesa 03-02-2012 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie (Post 5024543)
Inquiring minds want to know :) :p :)

Quit getting me in trouble!!! :D :p

yayaquilts 03-02-2012 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa (Post 5024377)
:) What kind of envelopes do y'all use? Do you use flat rate or just regular envelopes?

Last boom I used the 5 x 7 golden envelopes. Then when I checked the postage cost on USPS I discovered that the golden envelopes with clasps cost more to mail--so I tore all the clasps off before mailing them It cost 84 cents to mail each. Then I switched to regular white legal envelopes, cuz everyone else was using them, and they worked great. In the US the cost of postage for one squishy wrapped in saran wrap in white envelope was first class postage of 45 cents plus a 20 cent stamp (65 cents did it)!!

PS It cost more to mail my squishies to Canada, England and Australia--I took those to the Post Office counter (around $1.50-$2 each).

mjjust2ofus 03-02-2012 09:58 AM

How do I get signed up for the block swaps?

Newby,
mjjust2ofus

Yosamitesa 03-02-2012 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by mjjust2ofus (Post 5024957)

Newby,
mjjust2ofus

Depends on which one you want to sign up for. Find the thread and read the instructions. It will tell you how to sign-up. :)

Difergie 03-02-2012 12:08 PM

Page one of each swap will give you the info..warning-swaps are VERY addicting!

Originally Posted by mjjust2ofus (Post 5024957)

Newby,
mjjust2ofus

daisey 03-02-2012 01:57 PM

Your telling me, i told my friend I wasnt doing this one... I have 30 ufos and guess who signed up again! Ugh! I have no will [power!

daisey 03-02-2012 02:05 PM

Your not behind ,,They are just ahead! I picked out fabric from my stash again,,,(that is purpose for doing them for me..I need to use my stash). I washed mine and am cutting them and ironing them tonight. I wont wrap them yet,,I need to print out my note to put in with them,,,Hmm? I sure hope i do this fast because I keep thinking about changing to a different fabric! I hope to get My boom 6 done this month, My New Years Resolution finish one Quilt a month,,,I quilted 3 of my own so far but didnt get My january and February ones done yet..Maybe I can catch up in March!

sustraley 03-02-2012 03:41 PM

I keep changing my mind on what fabric to use. I guess I will have to decide soon won't I? I also use white letter size envelopes with the block wrapped in saran wrap. Works just fine.

daisey 03-03-2012 06:16 AM

Hey does anyone know how to bookmark this thread now? I have subscribed but it used to be so easy to book mark and I cant figure out how I do it with the new system..

sharon b 03-03-2012 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by daisey (Post 5027205)
Hey does anyone know how to bookmark this thread now? I have subscribed but it used to be so easy to book mark and I cant figure out how I do it with the new system..

Subscribe is the same as Bookmark- when you click on subscribe you enter how you want to be notified of updates, either by email or on the settings page- I have mine set for the setting page- then go to the settings page and all topics you have subscribed to with new replies will be listed- BUT a couple weeks ago a kink was discovered so you might have to go to the settings page, them on the left side click on subscriptions- ... does that make sense ?