Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 8.0 Now closed for Signups (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-8-0-now-closed-signups-t195697.html)

buddy'smom 08-10-2012 08:56 AM

I don't see you on there??

LovingIzabella 08-10-2012 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom (Post 5431191)
I don't see you on there??

Well I'll be a monkey's aunt-you are right LOLOL I will amend that right now. Thanks mom!
Love you
Hugs
April

Fraew 08-10-2012 09:02 AM

Thank goodness I saw the list before SheriR. She would kill me if she didn't see me signed up for 1 large group...please and thank you.

buddy'smom 08-10-2012 09:08 AM

Your most welcome,
Love U 2

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella (Post 5431197)
Well I'll be a monkey's aunt-you are right LOLOL I will amend that right now. Thanks mom!
Love you
Hugs
April

Elisabrat 08-10-2012 10:14 AM

Oh good I can stop singing. On another note: Ever iron your elbow? I advise you not to. Sitting at my sewing machine yesterday I turned to iron a piece and apparently had let it turned TOWARDS me not away. news flash: it sucks. Amazing how often we lean on our elbows and never notice til you do something like.. iron it to realize how lovely they are without blisters. sigh.. ah the stupid things we do.

note again: even dumber. going to be 100 today here in my lovely neck of the woods. no humidity. Who needs it? besides I decided at 7 a.m. to put a pork roast in the oven for shredded bbq. It only takes.. 5-6 hours to cook slowly. WHAT THE HECK WAS going on with my thought process. Shoot, not the word I was thinking.. its hotter than heck inside now and only 1-2 more hours. What a good idea NOT that was.

kittens, kittens.. chocolate with the kittens and fabric too.. come on you can chose either or even! but the fabric is manditory. Bummer I know.

TheMamaHauser 08-10-2012 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5431358)

note again: even dumber. going to be 100 today here in my lovely neck of the woods. no humidity. Who needs it? besides I decided at 7 a.m. to put a pork roast in the oven for shredded bbq. It only takes.. 5-6 hours to cook slowly. WHAT THE HECK WAS going on with my thought process. Shoot, not the word I was thinking.. its hotter than heck inside now and only 1-2 more hours. What a good idea NOT that was.

I've had good luck using my crock pot for that. I get it all set up the night before (usually the meat is frozen) and then I keep it in the fridge overnight. I start it on the way out the door in the morning on low and by dinner time it's ready to get shredded & eaten.

moonwork42029 08-10-2012 10:57 AM

I've actually sat my crockpot outside on the weekends so it doesn't heat up the kitchen either....set it on a TV tray so the critters don't check it out. If I want really tender meat for shredding, I cook it all night and then put it in frig the next morning so I can shred it whenever I want.

If you squeeze and iron your fabric down tightly, I've received fat eights in the regular size envelopes...regular business size ones work great too. The self stick saran wrap works wonders to help keep it squished tight. Again, I'm so lazy, I use the bigger envelopes so I don't have to work so hard to get them squished.

Yosamitesa 08-10-2012 11:00 AM

WOO HOO!!! I made the list...I'm at the bottom, but heck...I made the list!!!! :D

Elisabrat 08-10-2012 11:48 AM

I went with bigger too cause well .. I did. Grocery store sold them here. said and done maybe .16c each? not horrible. also I never use regular sized ones. Greeting cards or manila.

kensington 08-10-2012 12:32 PM

I buy the generic zip lock bags, and then get the mailing envelopes from the $1 store for shipping. I put one of my address labels on each one so they know who sent it, and I hope they can use it again to put my block in to send it back to me.

I won't use a letter envelope, not taking that kind of chance with my fabric or someone's block.