Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 9.0 - Signups are Now Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-9-0-signups-now-closed-t209908.html)

marcialee 01-03-2013 04:51 PM

I am in...will send you a message right now.

Tam...Moo 01-03-2013 05:21 PM

Boom 8 was my first big swap....it was so wonderful and I absolutely want to swap again.

oldcatlady 01-03-2013 06:03 PM

I'm in for both a large and small group. Thanks for hosting again. :)

urgodschild2 01-03-2013 06:59 PM

I am in too. Will send a pm

roseirish48 01-03-2013 07:19 PM

watched Anastasia doing the last boom Swap and enjoyed her blocks. Wish I had signed up then so not missingthe chance to join the fun. count me in for a big group.

Jannie 01-03-2013 08:49 PM

This sounds like an interesting swap, but I have a question before I join. Is it best to send everyone in the group the same fabric, a different fabric, or a fabric that has a theme but each piece is different? What do most people do or have a preference to?

jaba 01-03-2013 09:12 PM

Jannie, it doesn't matter, whatever you want the final outcome to be. If you want a quilt out of a main fabric, like red roses, send that to everyone. They might put red and white with it or only white....All you blocks would come back with the roses, but each block would be a different pattern or co-ordinating color. If you want it all different, then you can send it out that way. You can also state in a little note your preferences. Like on the Boom we are just finishing up, for my fabric in one of the groups I asked that they do not use red. Hope this will help you, love to see you join us, we need new people and different ideas.

jaba 01-03-2013 09:57 PM

Roseirish48, welcome, glad you're going to join. Heard you were watching very closely this last one. Are you going to be able to convince anastasia to join again or is her schedule to demanding with working now also. I know she is busy with work and school.

wanda lou 01-03-2013 11:50 PM

I like the candy names or flowers.

LovingIzabella 01-04-2013 01:08 AM

Jannie,
As Jaba stated (thank you), it truly is up to you and what you hope to get back from the swap. If you want one really large quilt that is cohesive in some way send the same fabric to all. If you want two quilts split it and send two different focus fabrics. If you are going scrappy you can send all fabrics different. I have seen many different things done and to be honest, I have loved all of the quilts that have been made as a final result of the Boomerang blocks. I hope you will join us. We are always happy to help and answer questions along the way too :)
So happy to see new names and "faces" and of course so thrilled over my continuing members.
Hugs
April