Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-swap-25-sign-ups-now-open-through-9-4-a-t312232.html)

LAF2019 08-31-2020 06:39 PM

Carrie - at minimum, just make sure you include your board name. other info would include any requests you have for your blocks, such as color preference or anything else. Sometimes people include info about who the quilt is going to, to provide some inspiration and direction.

JayneW 08-31-2020 09:14 PM

Hello my long lost friends! I logged in for the first time in months and saw its boom time. I am finally getting back to quilting (after a surprise divorce) and think its time to Boom with you all! I'll join the 2 month, but probably better only commit to one block per person.

I can not wait to get caught up with all of you. Janice, I'll send an email!

Libster 09-01-2020 03:07 AM

Hi, JayneW! It's great hearing from you. Glad you're joining in the fun again. Welcome back.

Macybaby 09-01-2020 03:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my fabric for the three month group.

I'm going to request only creams/beige and blues be used. No black or white. And minimal fussy cutting. The truth is I don't like this print but do like the colors. If someone picks a block that would look strange if it wasn't fussy cut, that is fine, but I don't want to get back 15 blocks with fussy cut cows in the middle https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images/smilies/smile.png.

will wait to pick out the fabric for the 2 month group after we decide how many blocks we'll be doing. I'm find doing multiples so if some want to go that route. I always select different designs for each block so making 2-3 using the same fabric is not a problem for me.

Janice McC 09-01-2020 03:40 AM

Here's the updated 2 month group...welcome back JayneW!

2 month (10)
Bugaroo
Hav4boys
Jaba
JayneW*
Libster
Klaws
Macybaby
mjpEncinitas*
Sewbizgirl
Terriamn*

*probably one block per member

Cheesehead 09-01-2020 04:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Trying to load pictures again!
The first picture is the fabric, the print on the fabric is smaller than what the picture shows as I zoomed in to show more detail.
Second picture is a practice block to see what colors I may want to use.

Libster 09-01-2020 05:15 AM

Wow, Cheese, gorgeous fabric and very pretty block! Love your choice.

travelinggramma 09-01-2020 06:36 AM

Macybaby - make sure you remind us in your note about not a main focus. I agree - love the coloring of the fabric.
Cheese - that fabric has alot of possibilities.
There is a wide range this time. I may have to shop for cream this time!

Janice McC 09-01-2020 07:17 AM

Good morning, Boomers!

Congratulations, Cheesehead for figuring out how to post pix! Woo hoo! I love your beautiful floral fabric. Can't wait to see it in person.

Macybaby, I reiterate TG's comment about putting your "no cow fussy cutting" in your requests. We might need a reminder that it won't be a cow quilt.

The 2 month group is up to 10 people. On Saturday, when sign-ups close, I'll post here to ask you all to let me know how many blocks you want to make, one or 19. Three people have specified just one per person so they'll send me one F8 per person. The rest of you can do the same or you can send 19 f8s (the full group's worth) and I can divide them up between those who want to receive 19 back. Many of you have done multiples before so you know how it works. Start to think about what you'd like to do.

Today's a busy day but I'll keep checking in for questions though. I'm starting an online FMQ class and I've got a bunch of quilt sandwiches to prep and I'm still working on a mystery quilt.

sewbizgirl 09-01-2020 09:32 AM

Welcome back to the group, Jayne! Can't wait to find out what you've been up to since the surprise divorce! Some good things, I'm sure, since you are a strong and resilient lady. How are your doggies?

I'm happy to make multiple blocks in the 2 month group. I already have 19 cut for each group! Maybe we will get some more players join up, too.

Macybaby, your fabric reminds me of delft china. If you don't like the print, it would be a good one for us to cut up into small pieces.

We still have a houseguest, due to the Hurricane in LA. He arrived while I was off visiting the grandbabies, so my house is a wreck. I invited him for one timeframe, but he chose another, much longer, timeframe for a visit. I'm not the best host when extra people are trying to share my space.

Off to try and get some of my sewing projects worked on.