Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-swap-25-sign-ups-now-open-through-9-4-a-t312232.html)

OurWorkbench 08-26-2020 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by IrishMom (Post 8413013)
...we are going on a road trip to visit family in Colorado, maybe I'll see a fun shop and get a new memory?

Sorry to interject. I live in Denver and because of all the fires, the views are not very good here. Bad air quality. I drive over a bridge on the way to work. When it is clear, I can see the mountains. For over a week, have not been able to see the foot hills. Even the skyline of downtown is fuzzy looking. So the scenery is not all that great. Hope you have a good time with the family, though.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

travelinggramma 08-26-2020 09:14 AM

GramE - you did it!! and what a beautiful quiet book you made - that would even be a good one for others in need. And the quilt - well we all know your love for handquilting and Inklingo - so "glad to have you back where you belong"

GramE 08-26-2020 09:48 AM

You are too kind, TG. I missed being here but being old and having chronic back issues sometimes make sitting at the machine so hard. I’m in a smooth spot right now, so a good time to start back. ♥️

Bugaroo 08-26-2020 11:15 AM

GramE, neat fabric choices and pattern. I love the different textures on fabrics now.

IrishMom 08-26-2020 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench (Post 8413030)
Sorry to interject. I live in Denver and because of all the fires, the views are not very good here. Bad air quality. I drive over a bridge on the way to work. When it is clear, I can see the mountains. For over a week, have not been able to see the foot hills. Even the skyline of downtown is fuzzy looking. So the scenery is not all that great. Hope you have a good time with the family, though.

Yup, we have heard about the conditions from our relatives. My one SIL has asthma and it's very hard on her. The in-laws where we are staying are in the southern suburbs and say it hasn't been as bad there.

The last time we were out was 8 years ago and it was another high fire year (although not as bad air quality as this one, but more spread out for resources). My midwest upbringing didn't have me prepared for driving by fire and all the devastation. I remember reading about how the fire fighters had to chose to leave certain neighborhoods to burn to save more populated areas. I feel so bad for the people in the west and California who deal with this every year.

mjpEncinitas 08-26-2020 06:56 PM

I’m in for the 3 month group. Sent my email
i look forward to it.

mjpencinitas

sewbizgirl 08-26-2020 08:14 PM

Yay! So glad you are back, MJPE! We have missed you and your awesome applique.

Janice McC 08-27-2020 04:21 AM

Welcome back, MJP! I'm also looking forward to this round. :)

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas (Post 8413190)
I’m in for the 3 month group. Sent my email
i look forward to it.

mjpencinitas

klaws 08-27-2020 04:31 AM

All of the fabric shown so far have been really pretty. I love the butterfly fabric. I still have to decide what fabric I want to use this time. When I do, I will post a picture.
MJP welcome back. We missed you!
I hope none of you are affected by Hurricaine Laura. It looks like there is going to be a lot of damage. Stay safe everyone.

Janice McC 08-27-2020 04:40 AM

Good morning, Boomers! We've temporarily got some sunshine this morning. It's been raining forever it seems but happily we are unaffected by the hurricane so no complaints here.

I've added a couple of more names to the swap and we are up to 14 in the three month group and remain at 4 in the 2 month group. There's plenty of room yet for more people! We'd love to have a few more new people join us. If anyone has any questions about the swap, drop a message here and one (or several) of us will be happy to answer you. Anyone who has done a Boom or two before can probably answer any questions as well as I can.

Today's a busy day for me. I've got some errands, some computer work, a zoom yoga class, and laundry begging to be done. I've also got another quilt that has been waiting for a binding for months. I'd like to get to that today, too.

I hope everyone has a happy day!