Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-swap-25-sign-ups-now-open-through-9-4-a-t312232.html)

MadeBySue 08-28-2020 04:43 PM

My Fabric

1 Attachment(s)
Happy Friday Everyone... I’ve chosen my fabric. Just need to launder, press, and cut. I was trying to make the photo a little larger but can’t figure it out right now.

Attachment 627486

sewbizgirl 08-28-2020 05:24 PM

Cute fabric, Sue.

Bugaroo 08-28-2020 06:25 PM

Oooooo, such a vibrant blue!

carriem 08-28-2020 08:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my fabric. I am thinking the addition of some tone-on-tone fabrics to bring out the different colors....

LAF2019 08-29-2020 04:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is my boom fabric. black and white polka dots. I love polka dots!. But I want color added to this to make it bright and fun. Solids only, as many different colors as you want.

sewbizgirl 08-29-2020 06:24 AM

The fabrics are looking good, ladies! Can't wait to create with them.

Janice McC 08-29-2020 07:01 AM

Good morning, Boomers!

The three month group is filled! We have 20 participants. The 2 month group has 5 people so we could use a few more there and as Libster suggested, we could "double up" and get a nice number of blocks apiece, We could even "triple up" but that would mean each of you would be doing 3 blocks with the same fabric. Should we not get the numbers, I'll leave the choice of what to do with the group. I'll go with the flow.

I'll post the list of everyone in the 2 groups this weekend. Remember, I will start a waiting list for anyone who really wants to get into the 3 month group in the event of a last minute drop. It happens periodically so don't hesitate to let me know.

I'm off to work on the Gallery this morning while it's quiet. The dogs have been walked and DH is off for a few hours so now's a great time to get organized. Also, I'll open up most of the old swap pix for a few days in case anyone is interested. The Gallery link is below.

Later, Boomers!

mjpEncinitas 08-29-2020 07:37 AM

If the numbers stay low for the two month group (10 or below) I would join the group if I don’t have to do more than 10 blocks. This would let me stick my toe in the water instead of jumping in head first for doing both groups.

Ive always want to do the second group but I’m slow. Those applique blocks take a long time and I’m not a quick piecer either. :). Since I’m off work, this is the perfect time to try.

Janice McC 08-29-2020 07:45 AM

This would work. You can always do just one set instead of doubling up. We've had swappers do this before so who were concerned about having to do overwhelming numbers of blocks. I'll put you in tentatively for the group.

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas (Post 8413825)
If the numbers stay low for the two month group (10 or below) I would join the group if I don’t have to do more than 10 blocks. This would let me stick my toe in the water instead of jumping in head first for doing both groups.

Ive always want to do the second group but I’m slow. Those applique blocks take a long time and I’m not a quick piecer either. :). Since I’m off work, this is the perfect time to try.

I've just updated the gallery with the fabrics that have been posted so far. And I've opened up the last 10 Boom swap pictures. Enjoy. Now I'm off to add the recently completed quilts to the Gallery as well.

terriamn 08-29-2020 08:11 AM

Boom

Like Mjp I could join the early group if it stays small. That will give me 2 weeks to complete the blocks