Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2014-a-t255220.html)

PenniF 11-03-2014 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by roseirish48 (Post 6955374)
i was under impression that we had chosen dec 6th for opening day, but then maybe not everyone got that impression . did Mdall ever pronounce it as opening day?

I think Dec 6 was 'agreed'.....but i suppose much like Captain Jack Sparrow said ...."It's more a guideline than a rule". ;)

jaba 11-03-2014 07:07 PM

WOW, I received a little square box in the mail yesterday - it says it is from the Christmas Elf, IN TEXAS??? I thought elves lived at the North Pole...:D It didn't rattle, so must be well padded.. Now,

I received the same little box today! We must have the same Santa :)
1 question, do we open or no, haven't yet..it's staring at me???

klaws 11-03-2014 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by mdall (Post 6954214)
Just a reminder, most of us are participating in other swaps besides this one. In order for partners to keep track of which packages are for what please mark your ornament package as Ornaments Elf, Ornament Workshop, something like that so nothing is confused. I know there have been packages mixed up before and dont things opened before its time.

With that said, it looks like the opening date will be Saturday, Dec. 6th. Hope everyone can hold on that long.

Michelle did post the opening date. It's Dec. 6th.

JuneBillie 11-03-2014 07:44 PM

Uh Oh! :D At least everyone is having fun.

mdall 11-03-2014 09:03 PM

Yes, an opening date of Dec 6th has been set. If anyone wants a specific time for that day we can all vote for a time.

Thank you everyone for the good wishes for the kids and concerns about the illnesses spreading around my house. So, far everyone seems to be on the mend. Of course tomorrow is another day.

Working on the last of my ornaments today and tomorrow.

So far we have no winner for reindeer games. I guess I am going to have to narrow it down a bit with another clue.

CLUE: I went to college for something in the medical field.

Hope that narrows things down some.

kiffie2413 11-04-2014 03:09 AM

Love the bell, spool Santa, Fox sneak peek.
Thanks for the reminder to mark "Dont open til December 6" on my pkgs....
I have them ready to send, and hadn't even thought to mark them! :shock:

Kif
PS Mdall, maybe your a Medical Examiner or a Proctologist?? Those are what came to mind when I put your clues together...lol....

klaws 11-04-2014 04:24 AM

That's funny Kiffie. I was thinking Proctologist also. :D:eek:;)

m-fay 11-04-2014 06:59 AM

I forgot to put "ornament swap" on my package. SORRY!

mdall 11-04-2014 07:46 AM

Lots of guesses coming in, unfortunately no correct answer yet. So far we have had phlebotomy, medical examiner, xray tech, surgical tech, OB, along with lots of others. So, we are on to the next clue.

So far the clues have been

1. I went to college for something that creeps some people out.
2. I went to college for something in the medical field, hence why some people are creeped out. (blood and guts and such)
3. I did not go to school to be a Doctor.

Lets see if someone can get it now, if not I will continue to give clues. I thought someone would have got it by now. Guess I picked a good question. LOL

RedGarnet222 11-04-2014 08:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow I am surprised that we haven't guessed your chosen profession yet. How about a RN?

This is not what I made but I thought they were so cute! I saved the picture, but, I forgot where I copied it from.