Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas ornament swap 2015 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2015-a-t270795.html)

ctyankee 12-11-2015 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Klaws & I had an ornament side swap. She got mine yesterday & I got hers today! This is what Karen sent me:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537832[/ATTACH]

I love those ornaments! Thank you, Karen.

Betty J 12-12-2015 03:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pictured here is the Christmas Tree Wall hanging I made as a challenge for our Quilting Group. Our last meeting for the year was today. The appliqued shapes form a Christmas Tree shape and the shape of a tree has been quilted around the shapes on the back ground fabric. We were give a specific piece of fabric to work with and the tree could be a 3D wall hanging, placemat or anything that we chose to make as a Christmas tree. My Angel at the top of the tree doesn't really stand out, I think I should have uses a stronger coloured fabric for her gown. I only started this project on Wednesday afternoon and got as far as appliqueing the shapes adding the borders and pining it ready for quilting. I quilted it on Thursday morning and added the binding. I had stitched the binding on Friday morning while waiting while my DH had a hospital day surgery procedure. I had previously made this project 17 years ago but had given it away. I originally made it in a workshop situation and I had no written instructions for it save for a few scribbled notes that I had kept. After all these years the memory was a little rusty as to how it was constructed.

ctyankee 12-12-2015 05:29 AM

BettyJ -- That tree is so adorable! It took me a minute to see that angel, so, yes, I agree her gown should've been brighter, but I understand the choice of a glittery fabric! Really cute tree. Can you embroider around the angel to make her stand out?

JuneBillie 12-12-2015 07:22 AM

SewExtremeSeams those are pretty ornaments you received from Terri, and other nice goodies too.

Teresa I love what you made for your daughters desk. I am sure she loves it.

RedGarnet I would love to see the dress you made.

Dotty all the ornaments are very cute from Ctyankee, and I especially love the little sweater tool. Those little birds are cute, and remind me of some fixed into a little mobile.

Oksewnsew such pretty ornaments and card you received from Karen. Very nice.

JuneBillie 12-12-2015 07:24 AM

Betty J that is a very nice/pretty wall hanging. Lots of pretties on it.

klaws 12-12-2015 09:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the ornaments I received from Pamela (ctyankee) for our side swap. Aren't they cute? :) I love them both. Thank you again Pamela.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537865[/ATTACH]

Jan Rutherford 12-12-2015 11:30 AM

I Have really enjoyed all of the ornaments you fellow crafters have been exchanging... so many cute ones!!! Did not sign up for this one... time is a big factor this time of year...maybe next year??? LOVE the tree wall hanging KLAWS.

RedGarnet222 12-12-2015 01:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I agree jan. Such really special ornaments were swapped this year by the girls. Nice work on the wall hanging too Betty J. Really nice!

I hesitated sharing a picture of the purple velvet dress for sarah with you gals because it is so simple in design. On purpose to cause a sliming effect. She is going through a pudgy stage. LOL!

But, since you asked to see it, here it is. The inside has all serged seams with some done French seam style. The buttons were from my deceased mothers blouse from years ago. Sarah will get a kick out of that. She never got to meet her grandma, for she was born after she passed away. Leave it to me to take a one hour pattern and turn it into a four hour one. Lots of extra construction stabilization for it to withhold my brother's washing machine.

I think I will sew some of the buttons down the front too. I have five left. I will pin them on from the inside and see how many look right.

lawsonmugs 12-12-2015 02:11 PM

Betty J that wall hanging is so cute. I agree maybe outline the angel. Only if your not happy with it. In person it may show up more. Sandy pretty dress. I'm sure she is going to love it. When I was little I loved when my mama made me a new dress,especially a fancy one. Karen and Pamela, isn't it funny how you both sent a snowman ornament to each other?

RedGarnet222 12-12-2015 03:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok girls I put one on each sleeve and three down the front to break up all that dark velvet. Here is the front now. I put a small square inside of iron in interfacing to keep the button in place and not to tear it out.