Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Civil War Block swap - One, Two Three (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/civil-war-block-swap-one-two-three-t195372.html)

letsquilt 08-21-2012 06:20 PM

civil war

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 5457642)
Ha! Now whose in a hurry lol. I just got fabric for this lol. I'll hurry and sew and THEN worry about your NEXT swap. :D

Well Ive decided to join this swap, going to pm deb. Than i have to dig up my civil war fabrics.Have aleady printed the patterns off

SheriR 08-21-2012 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by letsquilt (Post 5457995)
Well Ive decided to join this swap, going to pm deb. Than i have to dig up my civil war fabrics.Have aleady printed the patterns off

AWESOME ! letsquilt! Welcome aboard, can't wait to see your squares. :D

Krisb 08-21-2012 07:37 PM

Squishie in the mail. On to August doll quilt.

Garnet1265 08-21-2012 07:53 PM

I have decided after looking at all the fabric choices and gorgeous completed blocks, that I will need to make at least 2 sets, and maybe 3. I definitely am not going very far since I broke my ankle in 3 places last week and am still recovering from surgery. Have to stay off the foot for 12 weeks; no walking, driving, or even being very comfortable for 3 months. Ugh!

Hope I can drive my sewing machine with my left foot since that one is still working properly. Will have to get Islandwiz (aka Auntie) to drive me back to the quilt shop for a few more fabric choices. Promise to post the pictures once I remember where I stashed the fabric I already purchased and washed.

Kristin
Garnet1265

Deb watkins 08-22-2012 02:22 PM

And another one is in!!!! Looks like the closer to the deadline I get, the more that sign up. Works for me.

jillnjo 08-22-2012 02:34 PM

Deb; I reread the instructions and you are saying that in each set, all 4 blocks of one pattern must be out of all the same fabrics? I have gobs of civil war pieces that would make 2 or 3 blocks, but probably not 4. I love to use up fabrics I have, but am willing to buy. Approx. how much fabric would you buy of the 2 colors needed in 4 blocks? Am getting ready to start on my blocks for this swap. Will decide how many sets as I go along!

Fraew 08-23-2012 12:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Shoo Fly don't bother me.

SheriR 08-23-2012 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Fraew (Post 5461002)
Shoo Fly don't bother me.

Beautiful! Nice job missy. :D

rwquilts 08-23-2012 07:29 AM

Nice job Fraew! Love the colors... :)

Deb watkins 08-23-2012 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by jillnjo (Post 5460026)
Deb; I reread the instructions and you are saying that in each set, all 4 blocks of one pattern must be out of all the same fabrics? I have gobs of civil war pieces that would make 2 or 3 blocks, but probably not 4. I love to use up fabrics I have, but am willing to buy. Approx. how much fabric would you buy of the 2 colors needed in 4 blocks? Am getting ready to start on my blocks for this swap. Will decide how many sets as I go along!

I prefer that all 4 blocks be the same.....but if you can get three, I guess that will be okay...as long as it is as close as to the other 3 as you can get them.