Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Closed - "Holiday Winter Wonderland" November 2011- 10.5 Layer Cake Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/closed-holiday-winter-wonderland-november-2011-10-5-layer-cake-swap-t166929.html)

luvTooQuilt 11-07-2011 04:12 PM

Closed - "Holiday Winter Wonderland" November 2011- 10.5 Layer Cake Swap

2 Attachment(s)
LuvTooQuilt is hosting another swap!! …….10 1/2" layer cake Swap..

“It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas… Holiday Winter Wonderland “… With a side of Secret Santa !!
!

Swap open for registration until 15th of November or until 130 sets filled, whichever comes first.....

Each swapper will submit 12 squares of any 1 (one) UN-washed 100% cotton Winter Holiday related fabric ( examples: Santa, Reindeer, Candy canes, Christmas trees, ornaments, snowflakes, snowmen, and the like !- no flannel, no homespun, no eyelets) ~~<<~@

Squares should be carefully rotary cut from UN-washed 100% cotton fabric. Keep in mind that your squares could end up in a child's quilt. Select fabrics that will hold up to a lot of love, wear, tears, draggin', cuddlin', washing, and trips through the dryer. Fabrics that fray easily, or are fairly easy to see through are not good candidates for this swap.

Please be advised that fabrics that are NOT winter holiday related, or fabrics that are not square, squares too wonky or too off grain, squares that contain selvages, or those that are not 10.5 or larger, will be returned unswapped. Anything less than MY 10.5 measurement will be returned. If you are unsure of your accuracy, over-sized squares will be accepted as they can be cut down to size if needed be. Will accept any squares larger than 10.5 inches... please nothing over 11 inches as they become hard to put in baggies..(If you desire assistance in cutting please contact me. )

Here’s how it works: - In your packet to me you will enclose:

~ 1 gallon size Hefty non pleaded SLIDER bag with 12 ct – 10 1/2 (up to 11) inch squares of ONE fabric for each set

• ~ Fabric must be UN -washed, ironed and in gallon bags for safe passage thru USPS.
• ~ Selvages MUST be removed entirely from both selvage ends- Including selvage holes.
• ~ Please remember that each set MUST be cut from a different unwashed fabric
• ~ 5-6 sets fit in ONE priority flat rate envelope
• ~ It is aprox 1 yard per 12ct – 10.5 (up to 11I) inch squares - IF your fabric is 44 wide.
• ~ There is a SIX set limit in this swap plus 1 Secret Santa TWIST(s)

~ INCLUDE your screen name ON your baggies along with SET amounts. *Example- I would like to do 4 (four) sets - ((4 sets mean that you would send 12 ct – 10.5 (up to 11 inch squares from FOUR different fabrics for a total of 48 squares, each set in separate gallon size bag(s)) so, written legibly with a sharpie marker or pen, on EACH of my bags will have:

luvTooQuilt X4 (plus 1 twists)

~ You may also include but not mandatory, your real name, mailing address, should your envelope be swallowed by the USPS machines for identification purposes- an adhesive return label perhaps.?. )
~ Please staple a piece of your fabric on the outside of the baggie...A 2x3 inch (aprox) piece of your fabric is required stapled on the outside of the individual baggie for identification purposes. (See pic)

Also in your package INCLUDE a Sample pieces of each of your fabric – ( 2x3 tiny strips pieces from your leftover fabric is the prefect size..) Some of you stapled the pieces to a small piece of cardboard/cardstock/paper with an addt’l addy label & board name- (see pic) It is my goal NOT to give you back your fabric square…And this aids me keeping track who sent in what since there are over 100 sets

Also in your package INCLUDE in a sandwich baggie: a self-adhesive return address label, and return priority postage AND mandatory delivery confirmation. ($5.65 in Postage stamps, Concealed cash, or Postal Money orders ONLY)... Please remember that if you do not send enough return postage I will hold them until you send the difference. After 30 days, I will donate the unclaimed squares to charity of my choice.

~ DO NOT HIDE POSTAGE IN THE TWIST BAGGIE... I do not look in the baggies, however you may conceal it in any of your MAIN swap baggies..

~DO NOT mail return SAS envelopes!!!!! Postage ONLY please!!! I will not accept stamped envelopes.

***Due to quick turn-around and distance of my bank I WILL NOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS***

Postage stamps, USPS money orders (or concealed cash at your own risk) will be accepted as forms for postage/shipping costs..

I would like to have these in hand no later than 11/18/2011 (so with a post mark no later than 11/12/2011 that should give the USPS ample time to deliver with NO grace period.) After 11/12 PRIORITY is recommended. After 11/16, Mandatory OVERNITE shipping is required.... International members need to send them to me sooner- PM for details

Please remember that any packages received after 11/18 will be automatically returned unswapped. Any member not fulfilling commitment will not be accepted in future swaps and negative feedback will be posted to members account per Moderators requirements.

I will then sort 11/20-11/30 (minus the holiday) and hope to mail out squares on 11/30–No later than 12/1/2011

Reminders and swap rules can be found here - http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

AND THE TWIST…………..SECRET SANTA !!!!

Any quilting related gift or gifts totaling $10 (chocolates included!!) The items MUST fit in your FRE coming to me and will be mailed out in swappers return FLAT RATE ENVELOPE. Please make sure the items are squishable without causing harm or damage, and/or are flat. Items MUST be wrapped so HOST cannot see what’s inside, as this HOSTESS IS PLAYING TOO !!!

~ Your board name MUST be legible on the package somewhere so receiver knows who to thank..
~ Please send only items you yourself would love to receive in return.
~ Items may be from your stash (new and unused notions) , homemade items, recycled (complete, intact patterns and/or books you wish to pass on), or new store bought items.

Please let’s not have any hard feelings here- this is meant for fun… I cannot control the generosity or the lack thereof from any member participating In Secret Santa.

*** This TWIST is optional - Not mandatory to participate in the twist to join this swap ***

@@@ Please EMAIL me ALL the info below to : [email protected] @@

Board name,
How many sets you're doing
Date when you plan ship your package
Your real name
Your mailing address

~ Email in subject line your board name, set amounts, & secret Santa Twist- See below for examples of subject lines with and without the Twist...

luvTooQuiltx6
luvTooQuiltx6 plus Secret Santa

**** EMAIL ADDRESS IS STRICTLY SWAP CREATED IN LEU OF PMS- DUE TO LIMITED PMS ALLOWED PER QB RULES AND REGULATIONS****

@@ After all info has been sent to and rec’d – [email protected] - I will forward email that you have been approved. I will then add you to the list of swappers...Confirmation will be posted on the thread as they come in at end of each day..@@@

Any questions please pm me... I'll be happy to assist...
…Happy quilting everyone!!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]283563[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]283564[/ATTACH]

sharon b 11-07-2011 04:34 PM

Me ~Me ~ Me

I want in !!!! lets see trying to figure out how many I can squeeze in the envelope - with the twist hhhhmmmmm Sign me up for 6 with a twist :)

grandme26 11-07-2011 05:46 PM

Just sent an email. Because of limited room in the envelope would gift cards be okay?

luvTooQuilt 11-07-2011 05:57 PM

GC are fine.

Hey ya'll........Some idea may be:

patterns
Fat Quarters
stitch witchery
precut fusible
Potholder
hotpad
mug rug
collapsible mug caddy (caddy no mug)
buttons

Notions:
SM needles
Gutterman thread
small templates
thin quilting books
seam ripper
wooden finger
Awel
pre-wound bobbins
pins

Just take a look at the notions wall.. .. You can find lots of things anyone can use.. I grabbed a few things for my Ss and some for me too!! lol.. There is NO wrong answer for SS gifts... Have fun with it !!

sharon b 11-07-2011 06:43 PM

Can we use fabric from out stash ?

luvTooQuilt 11-07-2011 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 4649847)
Can we use fabric from out stash ?

ABSOLUTELY !~!!

When I started these swaps the main objective was to use our very own stash to help move some out so we can replace with new.. I was looking for a cheaper alternative than buying all the time.. But it fell by the wayside...

Soooooooo.....

as long as its not washed, or recycled ( previously used) it can be submitted for this swap

lovelyl 11-08-2011 05:31 AM

Just a question - on your second picture, my name appears on the card with a fake address. Is there another Linda Lovely out there? Surely not! Just curious! :eek:

Muse&Sew 11-08-2011 06:35 AM

Count me in! I'm very excited for this swap & I've already got my fabrics now just need to cut! I'll email you!:)

Yosamitesa 11-08-2011 07:27 AM

Sleigh bells ring...are ya' listenin'?

sapdoggie 11-08-2011 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa (Post 4651937)
Sleigh bells ring...are ya' listenin'?

In the lane the snow is glistening.......