Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Closed- May's ManCave Madness -- 6-1/2" fabric swap with a Twist of Solids *OPEN* (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/closed-mays-mancave-madness-6-1-2-fabric-swap-twist-solids-%2Aopen%2A-t187137.html)

Yosamitesa 05-04-2012 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by marybrace (Post 5194235)
Ah geez, went to the quilt shop/Brother dealer to pick up a quilt kit....whatever I bought on this trip would be 25% discount. Consequently, I'll be doing the June Swap! Already have the cartoony I Spy fabric. In the past the I Spy squares were 6 inches, is this going to be the same? Please don't think I'm an overachiever because nothing is further from the truth. We are in the process of planning a kitchen-family room make -over so am in the process of packing everything in the family room and many of the seldom used things in the kitchen. This is going to be a lllooonnnggg project. To stay out of the way I'm getting sewing projects lined up. Will lock myself in the sewing room and stuff with rags to keep the dust out.....

No worries!!! :) They will be the 6-1/2" squares. :) gonna be a FUN one!!! :)

kiffie2413 05-04-2012 08:51 PM

I have my twists all ready to go...for the blocks decided to use my Accuquilt Go that I got for Christmas, as haven't opened it yet (I know, crazy that I haven't....I think I am a lil intimidated...lol). Anyways, went to open it and get it all out. My dh and our ds gave me the Go with the mix and match starter set; with the extra dies and mats purchased there was supposed to be a mat for each die...there turned out to be 2 of the 5x10 mats and no 10x10, which is what I need to cut the 6 1/2" squares!! I did not know there was a "goof" until now because I hadn't taken it all out to use it...what a "doofus" I feel like! So, instead of arguing with the company over it, I ordered the 10x10 mat, it was supposed to be here by today...it did not come in yet..:(.. I started just cutting out the squares the way I always do, with my shape cut ruler, and it does a good job...I am just disappointed that I could not give my Accuquilt a go....oooh theres a little pun...sorry for the lame humor, just trying to put a positive spin on things....
Anyways, I will for sure have all of my squares and twists in before the deadline...and thanks all for listening to my "whining"...
Kif

Yosamitesa 05-05-2012 10:04 AM

Kif - there is ALWAYS next months swap to use it for!!!

kiffie2413 05-05-2012 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa (Post 5195772)
Kif - there is ALWAYS next months swap to use it for!!!

Yosamitesa, You are so right!..I knew someone would be along to counteract my "grumpiness"...:thumbup: Good news, tho...the mat came in!! I am fixing to give the Go a "go", there's some more of my lame humor...lol. I have the twists all ready to send, but as I also have a 2 1/2" strip die, I am going to try it, too.
Have a great week-end!
K

Yosamitesa 05-05-2012 04:45 PM

Well...I'm on Injury Reserve for a few days. Stupid me...I got a box in today for my new "direct sales" that I'm going to attempt and was so excited I could only find my Gingher scissors. Well, I opened them up and went to cut open the box and sliced my finger open. Good news, those scissors are SHARP...bad news...middle finger is bandaged up... Hugs and love!!! Start getting those packages in. :)

marybrace 05-05-2012 06:20 PM

OUCH!!!So sorry to hear this but can personally relate to it. Ask me how I know. Next thing is "Never use my GOOD scissors to open a box."!!! That just echos in my head from my Mother saying it to me and me saying it to my sons. Does your new "direct sales" endeavor involve fabric?

Heal quickly....

Yosamitesa 05-05-2012 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by marybrace (Post 5196645)
OUCH!!!So sorry to hear this but can personally relate to it. Ask me how I know. Next thing is "Never use my GOOD scissors to open a box."!!! That just echos in my head from my Mother saying it to me and me saying it to my sons. Does your new "direct sales" endeavor involve fabric?

Heal quickly....

No it doesn't. :( But...I'm excited. :) Hugs!!!

kiffie2413 05-05-2012 09:29 PM

Yikes! I hope you heal quickly!! I totally understand that excited feeling when a package comes in and you can't wait to open it!!...also agree, Ginghers are sharp. Few years back mine got used to cut something thick and metal, thinking wire (yes wire...dh and ds both claimed they didn't recall using them...unh-hunh..lol) Anyways, got them re-sharpened and the nick smoothed out, and now everyone knows to ask me before touching any scissors that are around my quilting areas..:)
Regards,
Kif

kiffie2413 05-06-2012 07:26 PM

Mailing out package tomorrow, Monday the 7th.
Kif

Yosamitesa 05-07-2012 05:52 AM

WOO HOO!!! Can't wait!!! :)