Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Closed- Summer MerryGoRound Block Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/closed-summer-merrygoround-block-swap-t184615.html)

Fraew 04-30-2012 05:39 PM

I am also doing 30s.

QuilterMomma 04-30-2012 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 5183716)
I am still waiting to join but I was one of the ones interested in doing 1930.Right now I am machine quilting on a Janome 6500 a wedding quilt for my daughter. It is calking and close to 10x10 feet. Once I got that out of the way I hope to join. What happened with the set? Did something get cut wrong? It be a pitty if you did not get to send it eventhough it is in the works.

I can't cut the blocks down they have to be trimmed and I did not do one set and then I have only 11 so I have to cut one more square set is all. What I will do, as my husband said, be patient and just wait till I can cut and then send it in. I just wanted to get them in the mail so I know they are done. I have more to work on. I also wanted to be sure I could have a complete set of 30s fabrics so I can make one quilt just with those blocks. Thought would be nice and I have some real cute embroidery designs for the offset squares to make a nice sized lap quilt. I will finish them and send them in. I will have three sets. Also, my red and white blocks will work int he 30s fabric quilts also.

QuilterMomma 04-30-2012 06:35 PM

Thanks ladies!!!!!!!!

Annaquilts 04-30-2012 08:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Sheri. I really want to do it. the wedding is June 2. I started the quilting. It is just big and a lot. I will have time in June but I think the death line to sign up is June 1. I have not done a test block yet.
I love Pat's swaps and did several. Here is a picture of the last one the churn Dash.

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 5183926)
Anna, I'm doing two sets and both have 30's prints. I hope you can finish yours. You have loads of time still!!! Don't stress.

lfstamper 05-01-2012 07:10 AM

Deb I sent you a pm for address so I can mail my blocks. Can you send me the info? Thanks so much!

lfstamper 05-01-2012 07:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my block! Can't wait to get the trades.

QuilterMomma 05-01-2012 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by lfstamper (Post 5185286)
Here's my block! Can't wait to get the trades.

So pretty, I have those fabrics in my stash. Oh this will be so good.

Oh my those spring churn dash blocks turned out so pretty. I could nto get in on that one, just did not have time or the fabric. They look like it was a good swap. Nice color choices there.

I like your rug as well Annaquilts.

Deb watkins 05-02-2012 04:19 PM

Some of you are starting to stress out about this fabric choice....think summer.....WIDE variety of fabric designs can be used. On the other hand, if you sign up, I do expect you to fulfill your commitment. However, if you don't sign up, and at the last minute decide you have the time, just quietly pm me, do them and send them. I would rather have a couple surprise senders than a couple of drop outers.

urgodschild2 05-02-2012 07:42 PM

Ok I am home from Australia now and have to spend the next day cleaning up the sewing area. Who would think that so much dust could gather on all that sewing table while I was gone. LOL. But once it is done I am so in on this. I think what I will do is wash my material tomorrow while I clean the sewing area. Sounds like a plan to me. I love this design and I can't wait to make some.

Barb

urgodschild2 05-02-2012 07:44 PM

Ok I am home from Australia now and have to spend the next day cleaning up the sewing area. Who would think that so much dust could gather on all that sewing table while I was gone. LOL. But once it is done I am so in on this. I think what I will do is wash my material tomorrow while I clean the sewing area. Sounds like a plan to me. I love this design and I can't wait to make some.
Oh so far the ones that I have seen are gorgeous.

Barb