Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   (Corrected) - Scrappy & White 9 Patch Blocks -- Signup Closes January 31st 2019 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/corrected-scrappy-white-9-patch-blocks-signup-closes-january-31st-2019-a-t302295.html)

Honchey 01-20-2019 08:25 AM

Jelly rolls are cut by the width of fabric (WOF) and the wof has a stretch to it where as the length of fabric has no or minimal stretch.. some fabrics are stretchier than others.. I just cut some black Kona cotton and had to look twice to make sure I got the right fabric cause it had sooo much stretch to it I thought it had lycra in it..
participants

Well, so far we have 7 including myself.. I hope we have at least 10 participants by the 31st.

trish b 01-20-2019 02:33 PM

Hi everyone. I think I have found enough white for these blocks. I was planning to use white on white until I reread the rules. Now only good white it is. Tomorrow I plan picking up another yard or two of Kona white.
Suggestion. PM some former people who might like to start up again, now that it is a new year.

Honchey 01-20-2019 08:30 PM

You can make as many sets as you like up to ten That's the most that will fit in the padded envelope I will use to send the baggies after I swap them out

I made 9 more blocks today...Pics will be posted soon!

jlt37869 Has Joined our swap! Welcome!!!!!

We now Have 8 ! Yay!!

jlt37869 01-20-2019 11:18 PM

I'm in for 10 sets and also using Kona white.

Janice McC 01-21-2019 03:49 AM

These are exactly the kind of blocks I'd love to make and swap. Unfortunately, I've just found this and have other commitments right now. And, my sewing machine has just started acting up. I'm going to keep an eye on the swap though and hope there's a repeat of the scrappy/white in the future. Looks like fun!

Queenbarbiej 01-21-2019 07:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Honchey, I have 3 or 4 blocks that like the photo below. Are they okay for the 9 patch swap? If not, then I will us them in my quilt.

Queenbarbiej 01-21-2019 07:30 AM

I'm referring to the candy and hot dog & pretzel blocks since they are on a white background.

Cheesehead 01-21-2019 02:23 PM

Just finished my 10 sets of 10, ready to mail when you say go!

Honchey 01-21-2019 06:19 PM

The top row on this block is off quite a bit. remove the top row, then open the seams, resew them making the seams smaller than what they were before, rejoin the top row pinning the intersections so that they butt up against each other to fit..Hopefully they will fit. As they are right now the answer is no. save them or practice on them. I measure every 3 piece section to make sure it's not too short or too long. it should measure 6 1/2 inches, making sure the center square fits and if the outside squares are longer they can be trimmed when you square them up.

Please remember that these blocks need to be squared and trimmed of the fuzzies an fringed edges of the threads.. neatened up.

My goodness Cheese head you are way ahead of most of us??? It's going to be a long wait for you before the baggies will be switched and sent out.

Boop56 01-21-2019 07:52 PM

I would like to sign up. I will say now 3 sets of 10. Thank you.